Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Taking off 2006 zx10r fairings?

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rkd 
Get the service manual from here. its just good to have a reference. I just r&r'ed my Gen 2 fairings for the first time for sliders last month.

The "Kawasaki Quick Rivets" aka push pins are easy. Take 2 or 3mm allen wrench or other small round blunt item and push the center pin down or into the rivet. This releases the rivet, and allows the flared parts to come back together. Then gently grab the head, a pocket knife may help lift it to get a finger under it, and pull it out. They are reusable. Just push the pin up until it sticks out of the rivet, install and push the pin flush again. May want to google it also.

Get a 4 mm allen wrench, a t handle works good for the bolts.

At the bottom there are two other bigger/flat headed push pins. They also remove and can be reinstalled. I'd have to look to explain it right now.

I did not disconnect the light wiring when I pulled the fairings, but it is not a bad idea. I just let them rest against the bike in place.

Not too bad, takes less than 30 mins each way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.