Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay seen enough people crashin lately and want everyone to get home safe.Its summer soon you don,t need to race every where on the street,pic slow parts of the day with less traffic. And less used roads. Have a fun summer and stay out of the Hospital.And yes your bike will do 180+ don,t do it in traffic.Also remember those dam cars and trucks leak oil.:smile:

·
Registered
533 Posts
word. hopefully the gas prices will keep a little less trafic on the roads. but there's no need to race on the street, just tack it up once and demote all other 1000's

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I feel the same way, especially now that I'll have a lot of money invested in this bike in exhaust and other parts...like hell if I'm crashing...

Ya'll just keep at least one wheel on the ground now ya'hear?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i just watched another video of a guy riding above his skill level and head on into a truck. At least he died quick. Poor guy I like to have fun to but the older i get the less i want to wreck, when you are young you think you are invincible but we are all just flesh and bone.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to list some of main causes of crashes and you guys can chime in with your own. Taking a corner at to high rate of speed and failing to get the bike leaned over enough.Not holding you,r line.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I just posted on two threads about wrecks. The poor guy that lost his legs is just a few miles from where I live, that brings home the fact that these race bikes of ours really aren't made for the street. Everyone be safe out there because nobody can see us.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh hi andy i read that to its so sad, i was wondering if someone cliped his front end changing lanes or he was just going to fast.?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
my street riding days are coming to an end real soon...once i switch jobs i am going ot track only

·
Registered
413 Posts
I feel the same way, especially now that I'll have a lot of money invested in this bike in exhaust and other parts...like hell if I'm crashing...

Ya'll just keep at least one wheel on the ground now ya'hear?

:+1:. I'm not losing my bike. I love my green machine! Secondly, if I get a ticket I lose my CDL bus license for 6 months. I have to drive my athletes around.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I'm going to list some of main causes of crashes and you guys can chime in with your own. Taking a corner at to high rate of speed and failing to get the bike leaned over enough.Not holding you,r line.
I just passed the one year anniversary of my wreck, and my hand and arm still aren't the same. I guess my mind isn't either, I'm still a little apprehensive when I see a vehicle that wants to turn in front of me now, and I still get chills going by the accident scene. Guess I just can't let it go. I've had other wrecks but they were my fault, and I didn't get that injured in them. This one was bad and I'm glad I'm still living to talk about it. Peace.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A young PFC in my unit passed away this weekend...The kid has been in the fleet less then a month. Never had a chance to deploy. He was intoxicated and went of a rail. Sad that people cant understand that bikes are fun and everything, but be responsible...PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to here that i shure have slowed down my bike rideing. Traffic has shure changed a lot in the past 10 years where i live. Everyone wants to go fast in cars in summer here and pass when not supposed to.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Yeah i just watched another video of a guy riding above his skill level and head on into a truck. At least he died quick. Poor guy I like to have fun to but the older i get the less i want to wreck, when you are young you think you are invincible but we are all just flesh and bone.
I hear ya brother!......I just turned 38!....thats right..an oldtimer compared to most of you other younger guys...but don't let the age fool ya......I got plenty of gixxer and honda kills.............but with age comes wisdom...now when some 18 year old spies the bottle on my bike and taunts me to race.........I just think...........I'll win.........but what if I have to watch him die trying to keep up?...........most of the time..........I just laugh or.........
ask him if he has 500 in his pocket?........most of em back off pretty quick!
RIDE THE ROADS........................................RACE THE TRACK!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
38 your a young pup i passed that mark long ago. But i still like to crack my throttle open once in a while and i hate hog bikes, maybe a 1400 in a few years. A nice soft seat anyway. Gonna rattle can my lowers and have a few brews this weekend.Ride on

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is day 17 for my stepson in the ICU...........I was right behind him on a cloverleaf when he lowsided into the guardrail. He has a very bad pelvic fracture and some severe lacerationns to the inner thigh. He nearly lost his life from the internal bleeding the first couple of days there and is still not out of the woods. He was holding a perfect line with perfect form when the rear tire gave, had to been a small rock or AC condensation or something.....it's nothing we hadn't done a hundred times in the past carrying even more speed through there but i am definitely rethinking my street riding habits......the street usually wins.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
:lol:.why do I FEEL OLD THEN?.....:lol:......too many party days when I was young I guess and 4 knee surgeries!.....but you are right!,......I also have the need for speed!.....in my blood I guess!.........

Jax 10......sorry to hear of your son in the ICU buddy.......my prayers are with him and you!.Godspeed to his recovery!........this just goes to show.......ya never know what lies ahead in the road!.........no matter how many times you have been down that stretch!..........you are correct also....most of the time.the concrete wins!!......again.....prayers are with ya bro....keep us updated on his recovery!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Hell at those ages you guys should be financially secure and shouldnt care about that factor.Im still relatively young with a stock bike and wouldnt dare let my baby go down.I dont think it matters what these kids are driving, I saw a scion(you know,the cardboard box with wheels)racing a honda civic at what sounded like about 200 mph but when they finally passed me I realized it was only about 75 or something, so if they're racing these obviously it doesnt matter what they drive they're gonna be dumb kids, just stay out of their way and dont become a statistic, after all nature does have a way of weeding out the morons.and R.I.P to all fallen riders accidents do happen.Be safe all of you

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
This is day 17 for my stepson in the ICU...........I was right behind him on a cloverleaf when he lowsided into the guardrail. He has a very bad pelvic fracture and some severe lacerationns to the inner thigh. He nearly lost his life from the internal bleeding the first couple of days there and is still not out of the woods. He was holding a perfect line with perfect form when the rear tire gave, had to been a small rock or AC condensation or something.....it's nothing we hadn't done a hundred times in the past carrying even more speed through there but i am definitely rethinking my street riding habits......the street usually wins.
Sorry for your son man, our prayers are with him.And I wasnt refering to that sort of situation I was talking about the people weaving through traffic on the interstate or other populated area just hoping they impressed somebody they will never meet or see.Once again sorry about your son, Godspeed in his full recovery

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for the kind words fellas, it's been a very hard couple of weeks. The wife just called and he got out of a 4 hr surgery that they had to remove a screw that had come loose and they cleaned the wounds. He's fighting infection but they said the pelvis is healing well, I just want to see him come off the vent!.....again thanx for the kind words .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts