Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I got a very anoying problem, the fuse for my taillight pops every time i put a new one in, I washed the bike yesterday, and this morning the taillight didn't lid up neither did the running light, i changed the fuse and everything was ok, then when i drove home from work it popped again, its whas raining a lot but i did think it would be a problem but it was, now it just pops over and over again, I checked the wirring and nothing seems to be, but want to do
The bike is a late reg 1 gen from 2006.

Please advise a guy from Denmark.

Best regards Lars AKA Psypher954:helmet::helmet::helmet:

·
Registered
874 Posts
either you have water in something that is shorting out or a broken wire that is shorting out...

Electrical stuff like this can be a real pain to diagnose bc it doesn't happen immediately when you put power to it. If I does start to do it instantly then it will get easier. I would take the plug out of the tail light and check it with an ohm meter to ground to see if it is grounding out somewhere. Kinda illegal but leave it unplugged and drive around and see if pops the fuse without it being plugged in... just really need to start narrowing it down and eliminating things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try to just unplug it but the fuse still pops, I then tried a very thick fuse but then this 30 amp fuse popped :headshake I changed that one and the could start again but the taillight still didn't work.

so i can drive but don't like that my taillight does'nt work.

Regards Lars

·
Registered
905 Posts
If it popped a 30 also, it sounds like you have a broken/grounded wire somewhere. Remember its blowing fuses for a reason, stop with the constant replacement and start doing some troubleshooting. That harness is very simple to trace, so from the taillight and work your way up. You will have to take the bike apart somewhat, but its worth it. Look for ANY bare wire, or any spot where the tape looks melted or rubbed. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
My 08 is doing the same thing. I thought it was the license plate light I have on there since it had a frayed wire (totally fixed that) but I guess not... it is really starting to piss me off!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did tear the bike apart last night, but haven't found the problem yet, I will do a search this weekend, hate electrical problems :BangHead:

Best regards Lars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I found the problem it looks like some of the painting on the frame has come of I did tape it up so it looks like new, but nex problem occurred, I have a hotbodies undertray where one of the signals was very wet so it didn't do its job, it couldn't be repaired so i have to buy a new undertray but I think I will have a new undertray from another manufactor, I looked at Bestem is that okay??

Best reagards Lars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts