Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some pics of my home made bracket with some steps for making your own.
First you will need one piece of 2" angle aluminum cut 2 3/4" wide(use your tag lite and license plate bracket off existing bracket as a guide). Next you will need two pieces of 1 " angle aluminum cut 1 3/4" long. Use what ever thickness you like. The 2" I used is way over kill but I had it laying around.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next, hold the 2" piece up under the bottom of the underbody and mark holes. I used two mounting holes and drilled a large hole to run wires through. Position light and license plate bracket and mark for those holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you can see I painted the bracket black. Next I rimmed the turn signal base down about a inch so it would tuck in more. This part is optional. Next using the turn signal as a template mark for mounting hole and wire hole. Then hold up under the 2 inch piece with other brackets mounted and mark that hole. Drill holes. Make sure everything lines up. Paint black.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Splice all wires before mounting last time. Check operation(make sure right is right etc.). Push wire through hole and using longer bolts mount bracket. It should look like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics do not do it justice. It actually looks pretty tidy. Looks better in person. Someday I will get some flush-mount turn signals.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lookin clean, mang... you did a good job tuckin everthing under the tail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts