Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dontknow: I've been waiting for some body to ask this Q.My 05 10 will black'n the tack read out completely and not studer,clip,or how should I say level out. I've seen it numerous times display all the way up on the tack read out without limiting out. So what's up? is my tack read out, off as bad as the speedo or worse? Wish I had a tank cam to show this (no bull shit goe) Never seen a rpm governing system so far~~Hey maybe it's on of those LIMITED EDITIONS hardyharhar~har. Seriously would like a serious reply.. :fu2:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
No, sorry the search didn't work out for you but it is now widely known on this and other sites the tach almost as bad as the speedo. I have an analog Tach so I found out when I installed that. The consenses so far seems like you can go at least 300rpms more or so.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
There was a thread earlier that seems to indicate the tach is reading about 1,000 rpm low. I now have the shift light set at 13,000 and have never touched the rev limiter which someone reported to be set at 12,800.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:iamwithst I too have my light set at 13,000 and have never bounced off the limiter, and I see the light all the time. However I can't agree that the limiter is set at 12,800. I believe my tach is off by at least 500 or more.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swjohnsey said:
There was a thread earlier that seems to indicate the tach is reading about 1,000 rpm low. I now have the shift light set at 13,000 and have never touched the rev limiter which someone reported to be set at 12,800.
:lol: Concur! :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
swjohnsey said:

That was actually one of my responses to a thread where the Rev limiter hits actual RPM speed at around 12.5k with an Analog tach but the Digital will read about 13.8k or so before it shuts off/sputters the engine :badteeth: I use to mark my Analog tape(just red tape to cover the rest of the 14k display) at 12.5k when drag racing but would sometimes hit the Rev limiter, so now I mark at 12.1k and have not done it sense. So, since I tap from the coils which is real world RPMs and not an ECU interpeting through digital chips and who knows what else is involved to create the error, then I came to the conclusion that the guage is off by at least 1000rpms. All #s mentioned could be construded as being off but one thing that can't be denied is the tach gauge is almost as bad as the speedo around the redline area mostly as I have seen compared to analog. Sorry, guys but never had a problem when analog was around they always were about perfect as advertised in manuals or real world tests, the good thing is you can adjust to the error :thumbsup:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and here I set thinking dat digital was the shit! anybody making a points conversion for the 10 ? I know they will float out,lol. Will look into a analog tack, maybe a winter mod....thanks for the input guys..now I need to find the clipper zone. :eyecrazy: :helmet:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Dreadnought-arr said:
and here I set thinking dat digital was the shit! anybody making a points conversion for the 10 ? I know they will float out,lol. Will look into a analog tack, maybe a winter mod....thanks for the input guys..now I need to find the clipper zone. :eyecrazy: :helmet:

Well how easy we forget that the tach is only as accurate as the numbers surrounding it.. :wink:

The digital tach is dead on it's the writing around the cluster thats off..

·
Registered
681 Posts
I did a 1st gear pull up to 106 and it hit the rev limiter and i swear the tach was buried but i cant be sure i wasnt payin much attention to the guage all i saw was sky....lol

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
the tac is off, it reads higher than true rpm, about 1k, confirmed this over and over on the dyno, true rev limiter is 12,800.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts