Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have the 2018 ZX10r and my question is I have seen on a 2017 and '19 for sure where the tachometer lights are in a sweeping motion but i don't seem to have that option on mine as they just stay solid. Did the 2018 not come with that feature? If not can i buy a '17 or '19 tach if i really want that option? Not saying i will just would like to know my options if i have any.

/ Go to 8:10 in this video for a reference.

Any information would be nice! Thank you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think what you’re seeing at 8:10 is the shift light function. It can be set at a certain RPM and flash pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
Uh, what you're seeing at 8:10 with the sweeping motion is the camera lens aperture rate. There's no setting for that. It's the difference between the video camera recording and the LED lights blinking. LED lights are on or off only. To dim the brightness of an LED, it has to flash on/off at high speed with more time off than on. The camera does the same thing, but if they are out of sync, it will look like it's sweeping.

The only function option for that is when the shift light gets triggered. When that happens, all the lights blink together on and off.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
634 Posts
You can set shift light flash rpm and brightness, like was said before, if they are dim the way it is done on the bike (not the only way done with LEDs but on the bike the only way) is that they are rapidly switched on and off to achieve the lower brightness. Just like looking at a propeller that looks like it is going backwards or at another screen recorded by a camera that looks like it is rolling, it's a refresh rate vs fps thing. Hope this clears it up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SkyDork / Twistedsocal13..... Ok and thank you for clearing that up for me! I was beginning to think i was crazy or something like i got a defective cluster or certain model/year didn't get that.. Haha
I begin to think it was the camera on the other end so I actually got my phone camera (Note 10+) out yesterday and tried looking through my camera and didn't see anything really but maybe a twinkle. I guess the refresh rate is ok on the Note 10 cause they stayed pretty solid. I appreciate both of your help and getting this cleared up for me. Much appreciated! I just got the '18 ZX10r and coming from a 2006 R6 so new to the dash. Happy riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts