Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just orderd it from ivan,just wanted to know if its worth the $? Also is buying a power commander111 with ivans map worth it,cause i can one cheaper on ebay?How good is ivans map?:dontknow:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been happy with both. I had the PCIII with a stock map before I got Ivan's TRE and map. With the TRE the bike shifts smoooooooth in the mid range, no more leaps of power from off throttle - on throttle. I think Ivan's map is pretty good. It maintained the power I had with the stock map and helped with the fuel economy( when you commute 100 miles a day, you look at things like this) at the same time.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I totally disagree, I found the bike to be much more resposive with the TRE and PCIII USB. It was deffinently worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
No it doesn't add hp but it smooths out the throttle and gets rid of the on off throttle jerkyness.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
oneradten said:
still doesnt add any hp so therefore is not worth it imo......also doesnt it take some of the "hardcore" feel away ?
No, it doesn't add any hp. Then again, neither do my 209GP tires, Brembo master cylinder, Sato rearsets or many other improvements to the bike. However, they all allow me to ride much faster 'round a track.

And if you're a drag-race kinda guy, an airshifter doesn't add hp. Nor do straps, longer swingarms or Shinko tires. But they all get you down the track faster.

Point is, hp isn't the only thing to make you faster. The TRE is worth every penny (and probably more), IMO. It allows you to get around a road course faster, due to improved throttle response and by removing the dreaded fuel cutoff on decel. :2cents:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
No, it doesn't add any hp. Then again, neither do my 209GP tires, Brembo master cylinder, Sato rearsets or many other improvements to the bike. However, they all allow me to ride much faster 'round a track.

And if you're a drag-race kinda guy, an airshifter doesn't add hp. Nor do straps, longer swingarms or Shinko tires. But they all get you down the track faster.

Point is, hp isn't the only thing to make you faster. The TRE is worth every penny (and probably more), IMO. It allows you to get around a road course faster, due to improved throttle response and by removing the dreaded fuel cutoff on decel. :2cents:
Nice response...:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
41ants said:
Isn't this thing difficult to install?

depends on your knowledge of the bike...it's all plug in stuff but need to know what you are pluging into:badteeth: Hardest thing I seen and have done is moving the sub-throttle sensor...it requires special security sockets and cleaver tools...but easy to get at a local Hardware store.:wink:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
lmao... ok yes it's a pita to install but you dont need to move the sub throtle sensor witch will make it easier.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
CanyonCarver said:

I liked those 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think it's worth it,with a custom map my bike pulls better off the bottom anyway.besides it's not really a timing retard eliminator it works with the fueling and here at 6k feet we dont need to add more to take it away.if anybody want's mine you can have it for 40 shipped with the connector.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
:crackup: nicely said
CanyonCarver said:

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
CanyonCarver said:

then again if you were a good rider to begin with you could smoke someone with all the mods you have on a stocker :mrgreen:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i can see this getting in to a shouting match

·
Registered
62 Posts
:+1:
CanyonCarver said:

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts