Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read my ass off about the TRE's and here is my question for you guy's.

Does anyone have definite proof that they work.
I have looked for proof, ie.. Dyno results, before and after.
And come up with nothing.

Anybody got some proof?? :dontknow:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down low.
I may try one, hell, if I don't like it, I can always unplug it.

I just picked up a PCIII, some Pazzo's and a Quick shifter this coming weekend.
Got a BMC street, and a Muzzy slip on.

When I'm not so broke I want a full system with a LOR can.
I love the look and sound of those.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
hey hellsrazor you will notice better throttle repsonce and no jerkyness in the throttle with the TRE. i seen where a guy with a gen2 on a different forum dyno before and after and he picked up 2hp with no tuning. if i can find the post i'll post it for ya.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey hellsrazor you will notice better throttle repsonce and no jerkyness in the throttle with the TRE. i seen where a guy with a gen2 on a different forum dyno before and after and he picked up 2hp with no tuning. if i can find the post i'll post it for ya.
Cool thanks bro.

·
Registered
599 Posts
From what i am aware, and please correct me if i am wrong..

The TRE doesnt add any horsepower, it's a little resistor that puts the timing back into the first 4 gears in the low rps, so that you get full response, and it's not so jerky/hesitant down low.

I've definitely noticed it help out a TON on mine down low.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts

The TRE doesnt add any horsepower, it's a little resistor that puts the timing back into the first 4 gears in the low rps, so that you get full response, and it's not so jerky/hesitant down low.

Bingo, i have one, but im not too sure it did a whole lot or is worth the money. If your able to manage your throttle effectively there may not be too much of a need for one, but i would imagine that a TRE would work will with a 1/5 throttle.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yeah, that's what I've read about it. I know its not for HP.
It's for the low end to smooth it out.
I just hadn't seen any facts on it.
And a lot of people call it a placebo.

When I can get some extra $$, I wkll give it a try.
Worst that can happen is I don't like it and take it off.
But it sounds like I will be happy.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Yeah, that's what I've read about it. I know its not for HP.
It's for the low end to smooth it out.
I just hadn't seen any facts on it.
And a lot of people call it a placebo.

When I can get some extra $$, I wkll give it a try.
Worst that can happen is I don't like it and take it off.
But it sounds like I will be happy.
Just get the gi pro with TRE, that way even if the tre isnt what you thought itd be you at least still have a gear indicator. IIm kind of on the fence about these to. I heard a good tune basically does the same thing and Ive got that and shes pretty smooth but Im damn sure sick of shifting into 7th. One of these will definitely find its way onto my bike this year

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have a hunch that they don't really do anything but have no proof. That being said, I bought one anyway more for the gear indicator. I picked it up used and for a screaming deal of a price.

I changed a number of things at the same time including a 1/5th throttle so I can't say with any certainty that it does anything aside from tell me what gear I'm in. I set it for the 'hard' setting (no weiner jokes, please :cool:) and, uh... never played with it again. :crackup:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but Im damn sure sick of shifting into 7th. One of these will definitely find its way onto my bike this year

That ain't no shit bro. :+1:
I think I will do just that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I may try one, hell, if I don't like it, I can always unplug it.

I just picked up a PCIII, some Pazzo's and a Quick shifter this coming weekend.
Got a BMC street, and a Muzzy slip on.

When I'm not so broke I want a full system with a LOR can.
I love the look and sound of those.
why did you decide to go with the bmc street vs the race filter ? If you have the pc3 couldn't u just tune it for the extra air flow ?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
why did you decide to go with the bmc street vs the race filter ? If you have the pc3 couldn't u just tune it for the extra air flow ?
That is a very simple question for me to answer my good man...

It was on the bike when I bought it. :wink:

And I just got the P/C.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was just curious because I was wandering which one to buy. I just bought a PCV and will most likely get a custom map for it. Just wandering if anybody had some insight on the on the BMC race vs street filter. They only thing I have heard is the race filter allows more air, but does that mean it allows more contaminant into the engine ? Glad to hear your getting your bike put back together after your accident.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Goto Radioshack and pick up a 10KOhm resistor it will make the bike thing is in neutral which is what TRE's do you get 5 resistors for 99 cents

All gears 1-6 have same fuel and timing but neutral has slightly more timing in it.

Thats all you will pick up

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Goto Radioshack and pick up a 10KOhm resistor it will make the bike thing is in neutral which is what TRE's do you get 5 resistors for 99 cents

All gears 1-6 have same fuel and timing but neutral has slightly more timing in it.

Thats all you will pick up
Is there a "How To" for that man? And is it beneficial.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
On the gen1 is a good mod, the facts i know:

IVANS TRE tricks the bike thinking is in Neutral gear (not 5fth or whatever).
The neutral Ignition map is better than the rest of the gear maps, it's more advanced.
The bike thinks you're in neutral all the time. It doesn't matter as there is no gear indicator.

So basically you gain some ignition advance at some places in the revrange (mostly low) over the stock map in all gears. You won't see any hp difference, maybe some in low rpms if you do a back to back dyno. We road tested it and it works. I have it on my gen1.

In other words, garth is also on the spot!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
On the gen1 is a good mod, the facts i know:

IVANS TRE tricks the bike thinking is in Neutral gear (not 5fth or whatever).
The neutral Ignition map is better than the rest of the gear maps, it's more advanced.
The bike thinks you're in neutral all the time. It doesn't matter as there is no gear indicator.

So basically you gain some ignition advance at some places in the revrange (mostly low) over the stock map in all gears. You won't see any hp difference, maybe some in low rpms if you do a back to back dyno. We road tested it and it works. I have it on my gen1.

In other words, garth is also on the spot!!!
:goodpost:

I'm actually working with Guhl Motors since they can read out ECU's timing charts to show everyone what the TRE's do.

As far as a write up I havent done one but its fairly simple, what ever wire is sending voltage back to the ECU you would just put the 10k Ohm resistor in place of the gear position switch.

I will have some solid info on all year zx-10rs soon such as the secondary throttle openings, timing curves, fuel curves and so on real soon. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts