Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Synch Your Throttle Bodies...

At your next major service...TELL them to do it...

Finally, at 30,000 miles, my buddy did mine FOR THE FIRST TIME...he said the throttle bodies had NEVER been synched...

It seems that a $450 (labor) service (did include valve adj) doesn't include this...nor does a custom map after a tune up...

So all I got to say is my bike runs better than it did when it was BRAND NEW....

It is a completely new machine powering out out of tight corners...

never run so smooth.....

Cost me all of $120 and included oil/filter change, replace chain, clean air cleaner...(Labor only)...whatta' deal!!!!!

I can't believe that in all the service I have had done on this bike that NO-ONE had done this!!!!!

Sheit!!!!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:thumbsup: :eek:ccasion1 May need to check mine. :dontknow:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Mine were out enough when I did 'em at 3,000 mile that I could tell the difference. I is one of those things that should probably be done at the same time you check valves and change plugs.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swjohnsey said:
Mine were out enough when I did 'em at 3,000 mile that I could tell the difference. I is one of those things that should probably be done at the same time you check valves and change plugs.
Yeah...something a reputable dealer/tuner should have done...mine didn't...

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
:+1: on that, i didn't think it could be that big of a deal but just at idle i could tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you have ever done the TB sync then you know that it will help alot with idle issues and WOT issues. You can hear the changes it make at idle while doing them.

I really need to get a set of carb sticks, motion pro make a basic set for about $50, I may have to get them and do mine when spring gets here.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Sounds like something to add to my to do list when I pull the bike out of storage. Where did you get all that done at for 150?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frankyoz said:
Sounds like something to add to my to do list when I pull the bike out of storage. Where did you get all that done at for 150?
Hey Frank...how you doing?...

SilverSurfer (from the SoCalSportbikes.com forum) AKA Brian did it...he lives in O C...

He works out of his garage...

[email protected]

But waitaminute...you're bike is in Arizona now, isn't it???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it something you can do yourself on these new bikes ,i've still got an old carb sync device with the four tubes laying around somewhere?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thundermonkey said:
Is it something you can do yourself on these new bikes ,i've still got an old carb sync device with the four tubes laying around somewhere?
I think so...have to lift the tank and disconnect a bunch of stuff...that's all my buddy had...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I was going to do mine last winter but I wasn't sure which were the four nipples and where the correct screw was to adjust the balance, the manual's pictures are shitty.
I've heard they are okay out of the box, but knowing from carbs they are never that good out of the box.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Kawasaki says this pays 1.2 hrs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts