Registered
4,897 Posts
Tom Who?

He hasn't been relevant since it rained most of the season many years ago
Look who's talking. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH:crackup::spit:

Show me your Curriculum Vitae?

Tom Sykes is a friggin bad ass.

WorldSBK

I would like to see Tom with the Ducati on the V4 machinery next season.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have followed this series since it began many years ago, and Tom is one of the last true world superbike champions before the series turned into world British superbikes,

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It was just a matter of time. Once JR came over and immediately dominated on the green machine it was clear that Tom’s days with KRT were numbered.

Add to that his pissy attitude towards Loris Baz and then JR later probably made it an easy decision.

Great superpole rider, but has always had problems making tires last over race distance without having electronics smooth things out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The guy was world Champion, he's still in and around with the best of them, but even he says he needs change. He is Kawasaki through & through so although I think the Duke will suit his hard on power & brakes style I can't see it. Leon Haslem tioed to be the replacment, I like him too and he should win the BSB championship this year I don't think he will be any better too be honest.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I find it sad that without him Kawasaki WSBK team would not have the bike that Rea wins consistently on today. I remember the 10R's being the doormats of WSBK for years and years before they brought Sykes in to help develop the 10R to what it is today, and for him to be unceremoniously shown the door is a shame. I do know that he is not always the greatest guy to be around in the paddock but to me it is a pity that Sykes and Big K part ways this way. Just my humble opinion

·
Administrator
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yami guys have resigned so they’re out. I’m a big fan of Haslam and would like to see him get the ride as has been rumored. I think he would be a solid rider on factory equipment, but he’s not Kawi’s answer for the future. But maybe they’re not looking far ahead. Guess we’ll see.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I find it sad that without him Kawasaki WSBK team would not have the bike that Rea wins consistently on today. I remember the 10R's being the doormats of WSBK for years and years before they brought Sykes in to help develop the 10R to what it is today, and for him to be unceremoniously shown the door is a shame. I do know that he is not always the greatest guy to be around in the paddock but to me it is a pity that Sykes and Big K part ways this way. Just my humble opinion

I dunno man. JR won occasionally on that old Fireblade, so he didn’t really need a bike as good as the ZX10r to win consistently. Other than Ducati and recently Yamaha, no other manufacturer has put much effort into WSBK, and the recent rule changes have probably affected him more than most on the grid, but he still wins.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yami guys have resigned so they’re out. I’m a big fan of Haslam and would like to see him get the ride as has been rumored. I think he would be a solid rider on factory equipment, but he’s not Kawi’s answer for the future. But maybe they’re not looking far ahead. Guess we’ll see.

With these contracts these guys are doing nowadays I think it’s clear that if you’re not a clear #1 rider you’re in a short leash. It doesn’t seem like any of the manufacturers are doing long-term arrangements anymore.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Redding is a beast but I don't see him going that route he is also a hot head which can be good or bad.. Josh is staying with Yamaha so tuff to say. Haslam possibility .. Some rumors of Fong trying to get on there.. Rea wants some competition and I get it Sykes hasn't given him a run in a long time and Chaz well he just fell off. WSBK needs some MOTO GP guy to come in and give it some fresh new buzz etc ... I would love to see scott redding but he campaigning hard for a seat in GP not that there is many left for him and I don't think the new Petronas Yami team is gonna go with him pretty sure Smith or Bautista is a lock for that spot.. If Scott redding was smart he should take the testing position offer look at Casey doing great , I get he is young and has tons of life left but the dude burnt so many bridges.. Anyway hopefully Kawi gets someone who is gonna be great for WSBK...

·
Registered
80 Posts
With these contracts these guys are doing nowadays I think it’s clear that if you’re not a clear #1 rider you’re in a short leash. It doesn’t seem like any of the manufacturers are doing long-term arrangements anymore.

Its such a cut throat business man.. very very tuff

1 - 20 of 43 Posts