Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 ZX10 goin to E85 +/- VS MR12..TIPS??

Looking to finally get out in the next couple weeks. I have a 08zx10, 2 mill w/ head and web cams. This season i am seriously considering goin with E85 vs u4.4 and or Mr12. I know on motor, Mr12 is at the top of the list for making the most power. From what i understand if tuned properly E85 will make the same power as u4.4 and pretty close to Mr12?? I do realize on E85 requires more fuel, i have a crushed regulator(upped to 64lbs) to handle the higher flow.

The obvious advnatage is $$ $4/gallon compared to $25.

The others is not having to drain it every time im loading up. Ive also heard that E85 burns cooler, can handle some mild timing and you can spray up to @ 50 shot.

Any answeres, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Check out the following post... I recently dyno'ed pump gas vs E85 Vs MR12...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116127

In my opinion I'd run E85 over any fuel so far no matter how much it consumes really.....

E85 made just as much hp and a tiny tiny bit more torque than MR12 all the way UNTIL about from 10-11,000+ rpm's WHICH can possibly be tuned out with timing and fuel pressure.

I was running stock fuel pressure and my injectors reached 91% duty cycle on E85 so I'd say watch your injectors and if your on a GEN 3 if you can control the upper injectors you should be pretty safe.

as you will see in the dyno chart the E85 makes AWESOME power on a N/A motor.

I'd rather spend the money on tuning (timing, fuel pressure, and optimal air/fuel's) than $145 for 5 gallons or MR12 and the draw backs (draining the tank and the SUPER strong smell)

Heres the dyno chart bud.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Dyno numbers are just numbers! I made the same horse power on mr12 compared to E85 but at the track, the mr12 was a tenth faster than E85!! E85 is great cause is cheap but for all motor mr12/mrx01 is better

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out the following post... I recently dyno'ed pump gas vs E85 Vs MR12...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116127

In my opinion I'd run E85 over any fuel so far no matter how much it consumes really.....

E85 made just as much hp and a tiny tiny bit more torque than MR12 all the way UNTIL about from 10-11,000+ rpm's WHICH can possibly be tuned out with timing and fuel pressure.

I was running stock fuel pressure and my injectors reached 91% duty cycle on E85 so I'd say watch your injectors and if your on a GEN 3 if you can control the upper injectors you should be pretty safe.

as you will see in the dyno chart the E85 makes AWESOME power on a N/A motor.

I'd rather spend the money on tuning (timing, fuel pressure, and optimal air/fuel's) than $145 for 5 gallons or MR12 and the draw backs (draining the tank and the SUPER strong smell)

Heres the dyno chart bud.

thanks for the response...my bike will essentially never see below 9 grand anyway so the advantage of e85 becomes only $$$ @ that point unless as you said I can get it back with timing. Fuel pressure at @64lbs sound good??

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think with the correct timing and fuel pressure it will keep making that MR12 type of power.... just a matter of tuning.

hey 09zx10miami.... werent you running a racing ECU? did you find out how much more timing the bikes like with E85?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Cool, if I wind up keeping my bike I'm going to run a bigger pump and regulator and see what kind of power she makes.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I ran stock pump and stock fuel pressure ...but I did control the upper 4 injectors.... and I made just as much power as mr12....keeep in mind i never made a full ignition map for it so i know i could've even made more power.....Been real busy lately but i'll be back at the dyno within the next month or so to fully dial in my bike as I have yet to do so....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran stock pump and stock fuel pressure ...but I did control the upper 4 injectors.... and I made just as much power as mr12....keeep in mind i never made a full ignition map for it so i know i could've even made more power.....Been real busy lately but i'll be back at the dyno within the next month or so to fully dial in my bike as I have yet to do so....
Wow...now that's good to hear!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
my bike picked up power on pump gas and 3 deg adv timing...............now I get to see what 14 to 1 comp and 10psi will do on E85

1 - 20 of 29 Posts