Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Scorpio I900 this weekend and figured as long as I'm under the hood I'll 'fix' something that has been bugging me.

I want to tap in to a switched power lead to hook up the XTRE and get it off of my battery. Any suggestions on the cleanest/easiest wire to tap?

For the record, I absolutely freakin' HATE winter. Cold is one thing but this damn fog is like soup. Short days... ugh. It's ideal weather to hang yourself. I have a perfectly good set of tires that want to be worn out! :BangHead:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I'm installing a Scorpio I900 this weekend and figured as long as I'm under the hood I'll 'fix' something that has been bugging me.

I want to tap in to a switched power lead to hook up the XTRE and get it off of my battery. Any suggestions on the cleanest/easiest wire to tap?

For the record, I absolutely freakin' HATE winter. Cold is one thing but this damn fog is like soup. Short days... ugh. It's ideal weather to hang yourself. I have a perfectly good set of tires that want to be worn out! :BangHead:
If your mounting in the tail section, grab the lead coming off the tag light, should be a simple 2 wire plug, will only come on when key is turned

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your mounting in the tail section, grab the lead coming off the tag light, should be a simple 2 wire plug, will only come on when key is turned
Good idea. Unfortunately, the wire isn't that long. I was thinking about the low beam headlight or maybe a front turn signal. I can't remember if the front signals are on as running lights or not. If they are, it would work. The headlight wires are in plain sight-it would bug me to look at a tapped in wire. I suppose I could easily extend the wire and run it to the tail-that's not a big deal.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, theres gotta be some power up there, I know on my 04 there was a wide white connector that clipped part of the harness together.... if you have a multimeter you can easily find a power source, I do not know what wire you would need but I'm sure one up in front can be connected.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alarm was no sweat to install once I decided on a place to put it. I'm not 100% sold on the location but it is really easy to move around if I change my mind. It works quite well, too. I was very surprised. I skipped the anti hijack part-I just didn't feel like it was necessary and it is one more piece to potentially go south.

As for a power lead, I tapped in to the horn. Why I didn't think of this earlier is a mystery. It works just fine and everything is squared away. Thanks for the input. :eek:ccasion1

If the sun shines this week I'll get to work on chewing up some tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts