Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I’m looking for some pointers on where/how to locate a switched 12V source on my ‘13 10R. I run a Battery Tender USB converter to charge my GoPro, and it’s getting old having to unplug it every time I park the bike overnight. I’m pretty sure I’m missing something easy since I haven’t seen any posts about this, so hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Use a relay and switch it from something like the rear brake switch power or registration plate light.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Hmmm. I'm confused, as usual. A switched power source would require you to leave the ignition in the "on" position to charge your camera. Not something you would want to do for long periods of time.

So what you really mean is, that you want a switched power source to only power the camera while the bike is on and let it run off battery power otherwise. Gotcha. You should do as Doppler said and pick up the switched taillight signal to activate a relay that you wire in to for your USB connector.

Reactions: THNX SVT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what you really mean is, that you want a switched power source to only power the camera while the bike is on and let it run off battery power otherwise. Gotcha.
Exactly. Switched so it’ll only charge/power the GoPro when the key is on. It’s not so much the GoPro I’m worried about since I don’t leave it on the bike when it’s parked, but I don’t want the USB adapter draining the battery.

That’s a great idea on the relay and should be simple enough to wire up. Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts