Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any pics or tutorials on how to adjust the stock swingarm pivot position? 1st time I’ll be playing with the geometry. Going to drop the arm angle and shim the shock. Leaving front stock rn.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
465 Posts
It's really just as simple as removing the swingarm and flipping the pivot. Not much more to it than that.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
465 Posts
The pivot insert is behind the nut. You can see it from outside the bike right now. There is a little dowel pin that locate it in place. The reason you have to pull the swing arm is because the RH pivot is held in place by a massive nut on the inside of the frame. You'll need a very big adjustable wrench to get it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I was just seeing that on a frame diagram. It looks like I have to 180 rotate these collars. Yes, that is one big-A nut... I'll get a better idea this afternoon, get some shims, and see if I like the new set-up. Some support a flatter swingarm, but I was seeing you didn't prefer it in another post. Thank you for the help. :)

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
465 Posts
Personally, I've yet to reach the mechanical limits of the stock settings when concerning traction. That most likely has nothing to do with the swingarm angle, but rather my level of skill (slow Advanced pace). I would say I prefer a more "loose" rear than most based on my R1 experience, so for me adding mechanical grip wouldn't be the first step in how I setup the bike.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts