Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do my 30k and was thinking that lubing the swingarm pivot has to be somewhere in the maintenance schedule...but it's not. WTF ??? Of course the swingarm section refers back to the maintenance schedule but there's nothing there. Have any of you high milers lubed your swingarm pivot ??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm not sure what the recommended service times are for pivot bearings or wheel bearing or head bearings for that matter but my suggestion would be if you think they need to be greased you're right, they do. And if you just the bike brand new last year, you're right again, grease them. I can tell you i've seen what the factory calls "grease" in these areas on a brand new out of the box motorcycle. It's a wonder something isn't squeaking on the way out the door. For the amount of money people pay for these things and as fast as they fly down the road there is barely enough grease in the bike to see on your finger. If you don't believe me take a wheel off or your rear suspension linkage apart and see for yourself. So the moral of the story to all who read this, yes your bearings need to be greased.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts