Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4-9 inch extentions for my 07 ZX10R do you think 9 inches is too much? What is a good recommendation?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
If they are bolt on extensions for the love of god please inspect these as much as possible... the bolt on extensions do break!!!!! Be careful with them.

A customs bike just about fell of the rear stand during an tire change and I had to hold the rear of the bike up while someone got something to prop up the bike but we looked at his extension and there was a crack right down the center of it....

BEWARE!!!! these should be only on show bikes or something.... even tho i think they look cheesy for an extended swingarm

·
Registered
333 Posts
If they are bolt on extensions for the love of god please inspect these as much as possible... the bolt on extensions do break!!!!! Be careful with them.

A customs bike just about fell of the rear stand during an tire change and I had to hold the rear of the bike up while someone got something to prop up the bike but we looked at his extension and there was a crack right down the center of it....

BEWARE!!!! these should be only on show bikes or something.... even tho i think they look cheesy for an extended swingarm
:+1: put too much torque to those extentions (ie: hard launching) and they WILL break.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
yea, 9 is to much unless you plan to use it. if you are drag racin all the time fine. but if not, why ruin the handling of a pefectly good bike??

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have long extensions,, its sitting at 63" and I pushed alot of boost through it,,, it was fine... But they were also welded in and trussed... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
whats up with that . street riding it will be fine! ofcourse if ur taking it to the track ur gonna lose some performance. but i doubt his taking it to the track casue he would already know that..................... stretch that bitch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts