Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was just wondering where a guy could by a 08 swing arm? From a salvage place or for some one on here? Ive searched but cant seem to find anything and when i get one do i have to by an 08 shock? thanks guys:dontknow:

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i would think your best bet would be ebay.... i have not seen many for the 08 for sale...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
ebay is easy enough to find one when you search under various topics..and yes you will need to run a 08 shock OR cut the swingarm up and reweld a part of it...so for most an 08 shock is going to be easier.

I did the cut and weld.

·
Registered
307 Posts
ebay is easy enough to find one when you search under various topics..and yes you will need to run a 08 shock OR cut the swingarm up and reweld a part of it...so for most an 08 shock is going to be easier.

I did the cut and weld.

:eyecrazy: i'm running my 04 shock without cutting or welding necessary
________
WENDIE 99

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just something to think about, if it's going on that bike in your avatar you won't be able to run that undertail exhaust.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have one on my bike, since it's a 3rd gen haha. It has a dent where the exhaust hit it in my accident, but I would probably sell it if I could find another one to replace it.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Digging this thread up. My dented swingarm will definitely be for sale now. She's still straight and the dent isn't bad IMO, I'm just a perfectionist... what's this thing even worth?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
bought mine with a small dent for $150

Nothing some filler and repaint didn't cover up and being i modded mine for the shock was getting painted anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts