Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my cousin has a 2005 busa, his mods are a full system, mapped, sprocket work, and lowered. When I first got my 10 he was talking all this trash about how his busa will woop up on 10's. So we live in the same neighborhood, theres this road that turns off the main highway that leads to our neighborhood thats at least 3/4 of a mile of straight road before it starts curving.

So when I first got my 10 the bike was completely stock with only 300 miles at the time we raced the first race, so he beats me that time. Well for the last three months he's been going around talking all this trash about how he left me when we raced three months ago. So here we are three months and 3500 miles later on my bike, now my mods are -1 in the front and a muzzy slip on, so my bike is broke in pretty good at this point. So were coming home yesterday and before we turn off of the main hwy he keeps looking at me shaking his head in a way of saying yeah im getting ready to woop you again.

So we turn on the long straight of road leading to our house, we both go to 2nd gear, we look at each other and gun it. Right away he gets a small lead on me, at this time my front tire is at his back wheel, So im starting to say to myself damn he's going to get me again, so I hold 2nd all the way to about 11 1/2 grand. I speed shift and my front end comes off the ground about 3 feet, Now check this out because this is the funny part, When i speed shifted to third I PASSED HIM LIKE A ROCKET ON THE BACK WHEEL!!!!!:lol: I jump ahead about 4 bike lengths and hold the lead all the way to the finish. His excuse was when we got to the house was (ahh man I didnt shift right thats how you beat me) I called him a sore loser, Now I have all the bragging rights..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Killed him, sweet!!............

Always an excuse with those Suzuki guys....:lol:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
dhobbs

FYI the tack reads positive so your 11.5k was prolly a true 11k (which makes it worse for the Bus :cool: ) and can easily shift @ 13k and be fine all the while putting more bike lengths between them. :thumbsup:

BD

·
Registered
216 Posts
Big Daddy said:
dhobbs

FYI the tack reads positive so your 11.5k was prolly a true 11k (which makes it worse for the Bus :cool: ) and can easily shift @ 13k and be fine all the while putting more bike lengths between them. :thumbsup:

BD
Any idea if the 06 tach is off that much as well?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
mainezx10 said:
Any idea if the 06 tach is off that much as well?
sorry i don't however based on the 04,5 error its a good possibility. Heck it certainly seems most sportbikes are off these days.

BD

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Welcome to the club. :mrgreen: :lol:

·
Registered
967 Posts
dhobbs74 said:
His excuse was when we got to the house was (ahh man I didnt shift right thats how you beat me) I called him a sore loser, Now I have all the bragging rights..:thumbsup:
Spank dat azz as much as needed till he admits he lost. Thats one way around this

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You can shift at about 13,500. At sea level I would shift at 13k. You were still in your powerband and you shifted and put you back under the powerband. Good kill, but shift at a higher rpm.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know what you mean. There are a couple guys around here with Busa's and I'll talk to them because I don't care what you ride...and could care less about bragging about what you ride. I usually ask why they chose the bike they did, and one guy says,,,"cause it's the fastest" How stupid. I know there are plenty of reasons for choosing a bike,and some are shallow...but I have never liked the size of the busa,,,or the ZX-14 for that fact. When sport bikes are that size they just "look" too big,,,all that plastic makes it look like a whale...and yes they are fast,,, but get an experienced rider,,or get them in the twisty's where the 10 is so nimble...and all bets are off....
My .02

·
Registered
227 Posts
Comming from the UK I don't understand why you just don't leave him behind on the bends? how can you get rid of the chicken strips on a Busa if you have lowered it?

Zapik.

·
Registered
987 Posts
thats great...i dislike busa's cuz of all the trash talk that come with them

·
Registered
708 Posts
gldnchildek9 said:
thats great...i dislike busa's cuz of all the trash talk that come with them
me too there are so many busa owners that just talk smack...my bike dos this or that..enough talk..lets take it to the street there are only 2 round here i know will smoke the 10, 1 is a 500HP turbo the other has serious engine work and a bottle, ever mods & 2 good pilots and the ten should win...sorry busa enthusiasts:fu2:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
zapik said:
Comming from the UK I don't understand why you just don't leave him behind on the bends? how can you get rid of the chicken strips on a Busa if you have lowered it?

Zapik.
We're American. We arive late to wars, eat in our cars and only race turning left. :wink: :crackup:
:rockwoot: We do leave them in the "bends" but we love to beat the busa's at their own game. :thefinger (drag'n not top speed :shady: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts