Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long would it take to do a complete frame swap? How many hours would the dealers quote you at? And realistically how long would it take?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it difficult? How many hours do you think the Stealers will quote me at? 20 hours?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
delaler down here in miami hourly charge is $80 per hour knowing them they will take their sweet as time and charge u like $1000 for it is not dificult remember this bikes are plug and play thats all just remember were u leave the bolts u dont want ur bike fully built in front of u and u have a hadnfull or screws in your hand

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahhah, I have this 636 that I got for 100 bucks and it went end over end and the neck of the frame is bent in so I bought a new frame and trying to swap out the frame. Just wondering if I should do it myself or not.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
dealership wants to charge me 788.00 for changing my plastics. just plastics not the tank. So for a frame your looking at 20+ hours.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Holy crap!!!! 1200 for a frame from Ron Ayers!
It use to be 500! The job really is about two days and it is not a walk in the park.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i just did a ground up build on a 05 gsxr 1000 this winter and it wasnt really hard to do it took probally about 11 hours to do, but if you have the new frame next to the old one and just swap as you go you can do it in a weekend....That whole bike was put together from parts off ebay, and those are the hong kong plastics...ya i know ghetto but i only got about $4000.00 into the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff there. Yeah I will have the frame next to the old one so I would probably take some pics with the bike naked and mark the wires by numbers.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i put the bike together in my spare bedroom and did 100% of the work myself and the hardest part was getting the motor in becuase i made the mistake of putting wheels and forks on first and i didnt have anything to raise the motor up into the frame so i ended up take the fork off to lower the frame down to the engine that was sitting on the floor putting the motor in and having me lift the frame with the engine in and having my 7 and 8 year old girls slide the steering stem thru the neck of the frame :wink:....

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this is my first time doing a motor drop out. But I feel pretty confident.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't seem as difficult as my valve cover gasket on my E38 though! hahah

·
Registered
322 Posts
The wiring is the only part that has me worried actually.
not really a big deal because you cant really connect the wrong wires because they wont fit and once you line up the head light harness and the tail light harness you can kinda get a idea to where about your next harness will go

1 - 20 of 37 Posts