Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice weather this weekend so i tried my new bike with the shifter and it worked great, but somethings wrong here. The original brakes sucks(I will change them soon), but when i grab them hard the backwheel comes up and im doing stoppies, not very hard braking, but medium hard. The forks have new seals and oil,5mm higher oil level 10w oill, the shock seems ok, its stock rideheight. Forks are even with the triples. Sag is 32/22mm front and 29/15mm back. Comp and rebound are stock for test. New Metzeler Racetech K3 190/55, 120/70. Put a stripe around the fork leg, and i stops about 20mm from bottom( is that bottom of travelling for the forks?)

Havent tried the bike with increased comp or anything after, just drove it home. Dont know anything about the forks if they are revalved or something, just bought the bike with only 2600km on the tach. Standing in garage i put comp max and min but couldnt feel any different standing still pushing it. Will try it out with harder comp front and increase rebound back next weekend if weather is ok here in Sweden. I cant get it out of my head but something seems wrong. My 1098 never tended to do stoppies insane braking, but the zx10r are so much easier to stoppie so it doesnt feel right. Thankful for some input and ideas.

The bike is going to be used for trackdays mostly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts