Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
After some advice, Ive got an 08 zx10 mainly used for track and im looking to upgrade the suspension, Ive been considering bitubo as they are a fair bit cheaper than wp or ohlins,
I was wondering if anyone has used it and what they think of it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
bitubo is great, I had a bitubo rear shock on a zx6r. beautiful shock and adjustable for high/low speed comp and reb. I got it for a song when one of the bitubo distributors dumped their inventory. big in italy, but not well-known here. their craftsmanship is top notch.

I wouldnt hesitate to put one on my 10R, if I could find one. if you are in the USA let me know where you found bitubos for sale.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Original poster doesn't indicate their location.

An important factor is having local availability of someone who can tune or service the shock. Buying the shock is only the first step ... the next one is to revalve it to suit your weight and riding.

Around here, there is local support for Ohlins and Elka, not so much for other brands, and Bitubo is nonexistent.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi
After some advice, Ive got an 08 zx10 mainly used for track and im looking to upgrade the suspension, Ive been considering bitubo as they are a fair bit cheaper than wp or ohlins,
I was wondering if anyone has used it and what they think of it?

step 1 = buy penske or ohlins rear shock with proper spring for your rider weight

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did some digging and apparently traxxion dynamics sells and services the bitubo shocks and forks. they make full fork kits (like ohlins R&T's) and just internals as well. the fully adjustable (ride height as well) shock for the 10 is the fxf31, while the base shock is the fxf11.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts