Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dang! So that means my front is too soft cause she keeps lifting the rear wheel every time i brake hard! Damn near killed myself the other day when i almost went flying off the bars.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Very interesting... Though I'm a light guy so I just softened the rear...

Suppose for some of you guys, fork springs may be the only solution...

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
SO how much of that problem could you fix with adjusting the preload and compression settings. They did not say if that is the best they could get the sag, or if they were just using it right out of the crate with the factory settings. Who rides anyway without messing with anything?

·
Registered
971 Posts
SO how much of that problem could you fix with adjusting the preload and compression settings. They did not say if that is the best they could get the sag, or if they were just using it right out of the crate with the factory settings. Who rides anyway without messing with anything?
Well, typically, you set sag with all the damping wound to minimum, so you have spring preload only affecting the sag (except for stiction).

I get the impression they were using different size people to explain the unbalanced standard setup the 2nd gen has...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't get it though - I've just bought one and for me at 85kg the rear spring is way too soft.... I had about 60mm sag at stock - I've had to wind the preload in miles...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mmm 2nd gen... wonder what the go is with the gen 1

·
Registered
614 Posts
The last vid, he sais "just on 1 1/2 inch" and says that's ok ... I'd hazard to say that it's infact too much for this gen ZX10R. It has a soft initial stroke, so you can afford to run a but less sag on the back to start with. Even 25-30mm is nice.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang I'm glad you guys are getting something out of this post..... I didn't think anyone would watch it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Someone posted that link a few months ago and I ordered Dave Moss's dvd. Lots of good info, watch it over and over. I didnt realize that if a chain was too tight it takes away from the rear suspension travel. I have been playing with my set up alot since then and with my new BT002 tires I have got my 06 razor sharp fast!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts