Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I dont know anything bout suspension setup. Just want to know whay would be a goo setup for a:

6 foot 5 inch
225 pounds guy for the 07 zx10?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
you could start off by setting your sag, with your weight I know your front preload screw will be wound in to max. Do a search there are plenty of threads on this subject. And take it one click at a time till you feel good about the settings

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, replace both front and rear springs for a start. The front isn't *too* bad, but the back will be way to soft for your weight.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Well, replace both front and rear springs for a start. The front isn't *too* bad, but the back will be way to soft for your weight.
Rear spring is pretty stiff as standard, as it was designed with 2 up riding in mind. The front springs can be changed. Just add a couple of turns to the lock ring on the rear shock. As for rebound and compression he will have to play around with it himself to find whats suits him best.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Maybe you guys have got different spring rates, but I didn't think so. Lets not get high speed compression damping mixed up with the spring rate. Even for a 185lb guy, the rear spring as measured (taken from the race tech website) is too soft. It feels ok, but it's a function of the linkages that makes you think it's ok. Trust me on this one, or don't, simply to a spring rate calc and you'll see for yourself.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm...

225 pounds and the front forks seem soft....I have no clue how to make them stiffer....I know, do a search right?:dontknow:

·
Registered
614 Posts
225 pounds and the front forks seem soft....I have no clue how to make them stiffer....I know, do a search right?:dontknow:
The preload (the 14mm nut on the top of your forks) will change your sag, but not the spring rate. At 225 pounds you may require going to a stiffer spring, but ... they are around 1.0kg/mm springs stock, so if you're riding bumpy roads they could be good. Depends on what roads you ride and how hard you brake etc. In essence though, the only way to change the spring rate is to change the spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts