Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
What kind of bike do you have? Are you riding street or track? How much do you weigh? Folks is gonna need some answers before they can help! :wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Wheelie bar? Stretched? Other suspension mods you have?

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
62" zx10,, lowered, this is pretty much a street/drag bike. i hardly ever ride it on the street... i have a shinko ultra soft on the back and usually run about 18psi in it.... i also have a front strap and it has been lowered in front as well.....

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
you can do it without the high end shock.. granted.. the shock makes it all difference in world. you can have your shock revalved and it will be 10 times better than stock. NLR did my busa shock couple years ago. you need to set Sag depending on your length and weight for sure. basically you want bike to squat as fast/soft as it can and you want it to rebound as slow/hard as it can. that way rear end stays planted and keeps weight transfered further down track. on busa shock you can push tail section down... and few seconds later....its still coming back to stock location. best thing is to video tape runs and see what bike is doing.. then make small changes and see what it improves or hurts.. but idea is to make all run equal as possible so you can tell if what ur changing is making a difference or not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you have couple of adjustments on shock.. i dont have 10.. so i cant tell ya exacly. but you have 1 adjust that you use small screwdrive with on TOP of shock and one on bottom of shock. Top should be compression and bottom should be rebound. softer should be counterclockwise and harder clockwise. look close at shock and it should tell which way is which.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts