Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Gen5
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Anyone have track adjustments to an '05 Zx10r, with stock suspension and aftermarket marchesini magnesium wheels.

Now, with less weight, I must increase or decrease the values of compression and rebound?

Thanks to all

Yui

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I know nothing, but.... until something get here....the suspension, has a lighter work load. with less weight traveling in both directions, So.... less values in the settings, but...there is always the possibility that with lighter wheels you will go faster and put the suspension to a higher loading...... that would be a self cancelling on changing the settings. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would either ask Marchesini or ask a suspension expert. Or have it professionally done. Since you spent the money on those wheels might as well spend just a little more to get it done. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I really don't think you should do either until you ride it and see what it needs. As long as the geometry stays the same and you are happy and comfortable with how the bike acts wheels will not make that much of a difference. But if I was to guess I would say under harder braking maybe a click more compression because in theory with lighter wheels you increase brake effectiveness. But that is a guess

·
Registered
317 Posts
Take it to the track ride it and while your there see if there is a suspension trailer there (there always is when I go) and just pay them to work with you for the day. They'll check/set sag, You'll ride and then give them feedback they make adjustments & you ride again, give feedback, repeat process until you're done. Stock suspension can only get so good & if you're a consistent rider it will be relatively easy to do in one day. I set up my ZX10 & Hypermotard that way. Only cost me $40 and made a big difference
________
RANGE ROVER CLASSIC

·
Registered
Gen5
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all,
I asked this, before to go the track day, because my doubt is to spend a lot of money testing it on the track or not.
In Barcelona (Circuit de Catalunya race track) the rent track ride cost are 60$ every 30 minutes :-(
In other race tracks the cost to setting up the suspensions are 200$, but now are closed by winter.

Anyway thanks for your help, I will try to set up it this sunday on track.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Ahh Ha, Then the Ohlins UK Racing Manager and I, are in agreement. I thought we would be, because I'm freakin brilliant, but un-known, and no one listens to me. :crackup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts