Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Looking for some help. I have a bone stock '09 10r. I am a big guy, 260 lbs. Looking for advice on suspension settings and tire pressures for New Jersey Motorsports Park. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,059 Posts
There's no magic suspension numbers that we can give you over the webz for that. Have you set the sag properly? That's the first step, and it's going to be hard to set properly at that weight. You're likely to need a new spring on the rear shock. Aside from attempting to set the static sag, you're going to have to feel how the bike works with the compression/rebound settings to determine how to change them. Tire wear and feel will determine this, not some keyboard commandos on this site.

Without knowing what tires you're running, we can't recommend any starting pressures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Dunlop Q3s on the bike. I was going to include that in the initial post, don't know why I left it out.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,059 Posts
I have Dunlop Q3s on the bike. I was going to include that in the initial post, don't know why I left it out.

Thanks for the feedback.

For those tires and your weight, I'd probably set a cold pressure of 30R and 32F. And adjust them slightly when you see how the grip, tire wear, and feel is for you

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
For those tires and your weight, I'd probably set a cold pressure of 30R and 32F. And adjust them slightly when you see how the grip, tire wear, and feel is for you
Those are good starting cold numbers for the Q3's. Check em hot when you come off the track to confirm and you can adjust accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts