Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a question for you suspension gurus. Just set up my 4th gen for the track and have never ran aftermarket rear sets until now. Well when i was running her last weekend the riding position was making me put a ridiculous amount of pressure on the bars and i was getting very fatigued from it. It was like the leg location was keeping me from being able to support my weight resulting in me putting alot of weight on the bars. No matter what i did when i would set up for every corner i was re positioning my body a lot more than i used too to keep weight off the bars and get my body leaned off the bike. I am running the hotbodies rear sets right now and while at the track i moved them as forward and low as they would go to replicate oem set location to test. Felt better and was able to get some weight off the bars but still was waaay more than it should be. Running a 5th gen rear shock w/shims and conversion link which puts me about 8-9mm over stock ride height. I am sligthy lengthy at 6ft 190lbs. I compared the footpeg location to stock rear sets and all the way forward and down was still about 1.5-2 inches further back and 1 inch higher than oem rear sets. Thanks brothers and sisters, Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am 6ft 2" 205lbs and i run the woodcraft rearsets raised as high as they will go on my Gen4. When i'm tight on the bars is usually under hard braking and/or when i am not properly loading my inside leg on the pegs. It took me a long time to figure out how to load my inside leg enough to be able to take my inside hand off the bars in a corner, but when i did it helped me a lot.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 6ft 2" 205lbs and i run the woodcraft rearsets raised as high as they will go on my Gen4. When i'm tight on the bars is usually under hard braking and/or when i am not properly loading my inside leg on the pegs. It took me a long time to figure out how to load my inside leg enough to be able to take my inside hand off the bars in a corner, but when i did it helped me a lot.
hmm i wish there was a way i could figure out the footpeg location so i can match it and test it out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have tried many different brands of rear sets in the past. I have found they all do what your complaining about. They shift your feet down and back so much it puts more weight on your hands and wrists making it more uncomfortable. I have found for a tall guy like myself that the stock pegs work best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts