Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..I got a 06 10r now and i just bought a left over 08..My question that sence i spent $1000 gettin my front and rear suspension revalved and resprung can i just switch over the complete suspension or can i get the internals and springs switched to the 08??

I would do some research but my lil crack berry screen aint that big and im not gonna be home for a week..

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I don't know alot about suspension but I'm pretty sure you could swap the suspension but, the setting would probably be wrong. The 08 is weighted differently and would throw off your setup.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I don't think it will be a constructive thing to do; too many minor differences.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was kinda thinkin the same things....Just figured where i am a lil bigger than most guys around here that ride(im 45 yrs old,225 lbs with out gear)and the internals are a set down from race internals..Also figured i could save a buck on a suspension mod for my new ride..
I cant even compare side by side yet..My new ride is 3 hrs away at a dealership and my garage is full now..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MAGIC..pm sent..

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I believe the front fender from the 08 wouldnt fit on the 06 forks. You'd have to check for yourself. Id just buy new springs for the front and get a new or used rear shock and call it a day. I wouldnt bother with all the revalveing if you arent tracking the bike.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tks for the help guys.....What about just swapping the internals??

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I have the official 08 Kawasaki suspension manual in .pdf from. PM me a email if you want it. Not sure how much in there to help anyone as I switched over to Ohlins and never read it in depth.
I've never seen or heard of that manual.

I'll PM you my email address in a bit.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I believe the front fender from the 08 wouldnt fit on the 06 forks. You'd have to check for yourself. Id just buy new springs for the front and get a new or used rear shock and call it a day. I wouldnt bother with all the revalveing if you arent tracking the bike.

The front springs on the 08 are really stiff. Perfect for an aggressive 225 lb. rider. I weigh the same and have (i think) 7 lines of pre-load showing.

My suspension is stock at the moment and set up by Ken with Superbike Suspension at the track.

As far as swapping the internals, you should ask someone who knows for sure. Either the person that originally installed them or I would be willing to bet Superbike Suspension could help you out. 815-583-3600 or there website is http://www.superbikeitalia.com/

If I'm not mistaken, they sent me an e-mail saying they are discounting suspension work this month.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The forks on the 08 are great, no need for swap up front. The rear on the other hand needs work, anything other than stock will be better. Save your coin and leave the forks alone. .02

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tks guys..Hows the rear just with a stronger spring or would it be worth revalveing too??

When i got my 06 it wobbled like hell in most corners..Im 225 with out gear..I had a local place respring.revalve my front and rear..MAn it was like rideing on rails then..It cost me a grand and was well worth it but if i dont have to do that again thats a grand to go elsewhere..

To early here in eastern canada to ride yet but im chompin at the bit to get this new left over 08 out..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts