Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. For about 1 years now, I had my suspension on my 2007 ZX10R set up to almost what SportRider magazine with a little bit dfferent to my weight and riding style.

I also do track days and I bike have been awesome. But today after changing the suspension back to stock setting and riding the streets. I bike felt a lot nicer than the stiffer setting. And this is even with hitting up the twisties. I don't get it. Maybe some can enlighten me on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a question. For about 1 years now, I had my suspension on my 2007 ZX10R set up to almost what SportRider magazine with a little bit dfferent to my weight and riding style.

I also do track days and I bike have been awesome. But today after changing the suspension back to stock setting and riding the streets. I bike felt a lot nicer than the stiffer setting. And this is even with hitting up the twisties. I don't get it. Maybe some can enlighten me on this?

Thanks
First... Sportrider is a poor source of information...

Second... In order for your suspension to work it has to move. If you're riding on glass smooth track surface like those guys often are then setting up your damping to be really firm is great. If you're riding on crappy roads and whatnot, the bikes going to stay more planted if the suspension is allowed to move a bit more.

Remember... Set sag first, then Rebound Damping which is completely dependent on your spring rate and preload, and then set compression to riding style and roads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts