Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I went to a local shop that is operated by a sponsored road racer.

I explained to him that the bike felt sluggish when trying to enter corners, and when transitioning from left to right ...

He suggested a height adjustment and offered to raise up the rear...

So, they added a spacer to the rear shock ( a simple washer just like the stock one ) and that increased the height by 8 mm.

:mrgreen: Now the bike handles much better, feels much lighter than before, It doesn't feel like I have to lug it so hard to make it change directions and even under power it does it much smoother !

Anyway, if anyone has this same problem then I suggest doing the same thing =)

GOOD LUCK !

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Congrats! Nothing better'n a bike acting the way she should! :ayyy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
That was a good mod. I did that myself also.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
so does this now mean you have 2 washers in there? Anyone know how this works with a taller profile 190 (can never remember if its 50 or 55)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you run the 55 its taller and will offer some of the same benefit.

Steering stabilizer becomes even more important.

Much the same affect get be accomplished by lowering your front in the triples in 2mm incriments.

Many bikes from a generation or two back befefit from a whopping 10mm drop up front!! It can make that big of a diffy!!!

Remember when you increase the aggressive stance you sacrifice stability. So you can flick and fling in the lower speed chicanes but could wobble in the sweepers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you run the 55 its taller and will offer some of the same benefit.

Steering stabilizer becomes even more important.

Much the same affect get be accomplished by lowering your front in the triples in 2mm incriments.

Many bikes from a generation or two back befefit from a whopping 10mm drop up front!! It can make that big of a diffy!!!

Remember when you increase the aggressive stance you sacrifice stability. So you can flick and fling in the lower speed chicanes but could wobble in the sweepers.

yea i dropped my 04 636 7mm on the front and it was awesome then i tried another 2mm and i couldn't accelerate on the highway with out the bike wiggling everywhere so i raiseit back up and kept it at 7mm

im waiting till i get new tires till i really start messing with mine

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the bike is completely stable in all types of corners so far..

On some long sweepers I can hit the high obi-wan-seventies with no problems, while on the tighter ones I can go to max lean and still pull through with great speed and stability.

PS: I love the pirelli diablo tires too !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts