Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reset the static and free sag on my 04 as I've lost a bit of weight. Now trying to get into it a bit more with rebound and compression damping settings. Anyone who can chime in with a bit of info to help with this???? Maybe Hillcountry, or Big Daddy might have something to say on the matter... would be greatly appreciated. I weigh 77kilos 173 pound and mainly road use, settings are reasonable at the moment by the seat of the pants, but interested in what you guys come up with

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn them all out and go one click at the time then stop as desired.
Thanks. The reason i'm asking is that I don't get to the track much to test it, then adjust and retest etc. Looking for probably setting tried and true for my weight

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Just reset the static and free sag on my 04 as I've lost a bit of weight. Now trying to get into it a bit more with rebound and compression damping settings. Anyone who can chime in with a bit of info to help with this???? Maybe Hillcountry, or Big Daddy might have something to say on the matter... would be greatly appreciated. I weigh 77kilos 173 pound and mainly road use, settings are reasonable at the moment by the seat of the pants, but interested in what you guys come up with
I can share my fork settings but thats it as i had a Penske on the rear. I weight 190lbs with full gear.

preload = 5.5 lines showing
rebound = 6 clicks out from full hard
comp = 12 clicks out from full hard

BD

·
Registered
495 Posts
No one elses setting will be perfect for you. Your preload greatly affects where your rebound and comp. should be. I would reccomend watching some vids and reading about them. Start in the middle with comp. You should put a zip tie on the fork slider so you can see how much travel you are using under normal ridding( no wheelies while testing this) If the zip tie ends up 3/4 of the way towards bottoming out then your comp. is very close to correct. Rebound you should start in the middle and make 1 click adjustments in both directions untill finding what works for you. Sags are somewhat a matter of prefrence on the street. 30-35mm in the front 25-30 in the rear. I like mine just a little on the softer side so the bumps dont jam my arms into my shoulders. Each turn of preload can affect your rebound by one click. Hope this helps. :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts