Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a spanner wrench today so I am ready to start tweaking the stock suspension. I am right around 200#'s withour any gear and have been running the stock settings. What are you guys with similar weight running? TIA

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Thanks for the ? and the beginnings of a answer will set that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Front 2 lines showing, reb and comp stock, I think 9 and 7. Michelin is about the same tire profile so if you are running anything but 208gp leave the fork 3mm above the clamp. Rear reb all the way soft and comp 1.5 out. Set the spring to get 30mm of sag. I had the spring rated on mine and it came out 514lbs. So if you are 200 it should be about right. Goes to show the lack of consistency in the stock components. If you really want the front right I would suggest going to .95 springs. The stock are .92-.93 but they are progressive, nothing like a straight rate spring. An interesting think is that when I put my penske on the back I took the spring off the stock shock and with the rebound all the way out it would not extend the shock with no spring on it. Trust me the rear shock is junk. I would expect this out of a shock that maybe had a couple thousand miles on it but it only had 600 on it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info... Who does good work on the front forks? I had Dan Kyle do mine on my 954RR and I was happy. For the rear shock I am thinking WP or Elka, but want to mess with the stock settings first.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Go with the penske or ohlins 2-way. Have not heard very good things at the track about the elka shock. My opinion, do the forks yourself. It is not very hard and if you have a service manual it will tell you everything you need to know. I went with .95 springs. 5wt. oil and the gold valves and wow what a big difference. Not as good as the traxxion 20mm cartridges but unless you are racing you will be more than happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts