Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how to change the front and rear preload/ rebound dampening/ compression dampening on my 04 zx10, found a suggested set up and wonna give it a try but not sure how to do it all

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The fork rebound adjuster is located @ the top and in the center with a brass colored adjuster for a flat blade screwdriver to make adjustments while the front preload is the tube requiring a 14mm socket to make adjustments with about 8 lines around the outside. The compression adjustment is located at the bottom of the fork in the form of yet another brass colored adjuster for a screwdriver.

Rear preload is located atop the spring with 2 aluminum notched collars to make adjustments.....the top collar is actually one that locks or secures down onto the bottom one that applies the spring pressure.
The rebound for the shock is located at the bottom while the compression adjustment is located at the top resevoir.

I have an awesome suspension how to if you PM me your email addy.

BD

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, proved to be just what I needed, I really need to invest in a manual, I guess its better to be asking these questions then where first gear is and why I gotta push left to go right:badteeth:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
BD is hiding in the weeds, don't expect a fast email...................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts