Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How interested are you in purchasing adjustable rear sets made by Graves Motorsports?

• YES! I would most likely buy Graves rear sets

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • NO (for any reason)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't know/need more info/don't care

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please help out by responding to this poll...

Graves Motorsports is developing rear sets for the ZX10; I would like to help them gather some data on interest.

****DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way associated with Graves Motorsports in a business connection. I am doing this poll on my own out of curiosity****

1- YES! I would most likely purchase Graves adjustable rear sets for my ZX10

2- NO I am not interested in their product (or already have rear sets, or any other reason)

3- I Don't Know

Here's a link to rear sets Graves makes for other brands. The rear sets would be similar and prob a similar price $400-$600
Fully machined.
I ran them on my R1. Incredibly durable, easy to swap out pegs. The pegs have excellent grip without destroying your boots (or body in a crash). Side note: I had Vortex pegs rip open my suit, under armor and nearly sliced open my inner thigh in a crash).
I had a few crashes with the Graves pegs and the rear set bracket holds up incredibly well with only the peg breaking. Pegs are cheap & easy to replace.
I had one break at the rear brake res & it was easily welded back together. Since they're fully machined from stock, you can weld minor things back.

http://www.gravesport.com/Rearsets.html

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
obviously would need to see the product & pricing, but sounds good to me

·
Registered
69 Posts
May be interested.. need more info.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Hard to say without something to see, but for the right price, yes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I voted no, because I'm good with the stock ones.
But if I was going to change them , for looks only, I would go with the Woodcraft.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Johnny – not sure if you’ve ever ridden your zx10 on the track, but last month I took mine out for the first time and the first thing I noticed was how much trouble I had up-shifting while still leaned over in a left-hand turn, couldn’t get my boot comfortably under that shift lever until the bike was straightened up. I believe rearsets correct this issue. Shifting while your body is still shifted off the bike would probably never come up on the street but it certainly does on the track. If you’re not going to the track then I wouldn’t change your stock footpegs

·
Registered
105 Posts
I voted no, but I'm a Sato guy.
I have a full Graves exhaust on my bike, and I loved their customer service.
Awful lotta players in the rearset market, do the Graves work/look better than any of the options already on the market?
Another concern is a problem some other brands have, will they work with the abs bikes?
I know a lot of guys just work around rearsets that don't, but I'll be dammed if I would put up with paying $600 for rearsets that aren't designed to bolt right on ( I'm looking at you Attack)

Since they already make (or have someone making) sets, why wouldn't they make them for all the popular apps already?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I put I don't know, never seen a set.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Johnny – not sure if you’ve ever ridden your zx10 on the track, but last month I took mine out for the first time and the first thing I noticed was how much trouble I had up-shifting while still leaned over in a left-hand turn, couldn’t get my boot comfortably under that shift lever until the bike was straightened up. I believe rearsets correct this issue. Shifting while your body is still shifted off the bike would probably never come up on the street but it certainly does on the track. If you’re not going to the track then I wouldn’t change your stock footpegs
GP shift would sort that.. With or without rearsets.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
GP shift would sort that.. With or without rearsets.
Yeah I didn’t think about that, but it would. Back in the mid 80’s I had a F2 race bike that shifted 1 up 5 down, definitely different but I got used to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts