Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, life sucks for me right now. Just had knee surgery this morning and I will not be able to get on my bike for at least 3 weeks.

Bummin big time. I went out for a ride yesterday and braved the cold just so I could get some ride time in.

Missing my bike already. here's to healing quickly.

P.S. Surgery was not from any kind of accident, tore the cartilage in my right knee at work and just had it fixed.

Bike is still flawless, not a scratch, dent, ding, nada

Hellsrazor, temporary recliner rider

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hope you have a speedy recovery. I am supposed to get foot surgery but that would bring my season start to a halt... gotta wait for next winter.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
hey man hope you heel quickly....i feel your pain for the not riding part...take care

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Done the surgery thing many times my friend, but none to the knees thank goodness. Heal fast, your baby will wait for you. :ayyy:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
heal up fast friend, if it makes ya feel better, i still have to wait about 3 months to ride my new bike.... :sad: i wish i could ride now, but there is a foot of snow everywhere

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Wish you a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you one and all for the well wishes. Feeling pretty good right now, but it might

have something to do with the Pain Pump that is attached to my knee and 6 Loratabs

and 2 big Corona's that I used to wash em down with. Or maybe it's just me. lol

But I feel good. Only time will tell. I have a great doctor, he used to be the Orthopedic

surgeon for the Oakland Raider's before moving here.

Counting down the day's till I can ride again. I want to trip out my doc by riding to

my 2 week check up on my bike and see if he wants to try his Porche against my bike.

But I think he is smart enough not to try. lol

Anyway, Thanks again everyone. ZX10R.NET rules

Here's to riding my recliner

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Hope you heal up quick man. I had knee surgery twice and it definitely sucks but I think I hate shoulder surgery more :dontknow:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good luck with the recovery, knee surgeries can be a huge pain in the ass

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Here is to a safe and speedy recovery :beer:

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts
Healing on the way!

Healing Prayer

I ask the great unseen healing force
to remove all obstructions
from my mind and body
and to restore me to perfect health.
I ask this in all sincerity and honesty,
and I will do my part.
I ask this great unseen healing force
to help both present and absent ones
who are in need of help
and to restore them to perfect health.
I put my trust in the love and power of God.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I have to say that my employer (Northrop Grumman) is taking very good care of me.

They have paid for everything, got me a great doctor, give me all the meds I could ever

need for pain. And scheduled 20 sessions of physical therapy at the very best P/T clinic.

And on top of all that, they are promoting me to a foreman when I return to work, which

means better pay, & vacation, sick pay and benefits.

Also, I get to sit here on my duff and get paid for it while I'm healing to boot.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
had my right knee scoped in 03 did everything the rehab people told me to do, plus the at home exercises and was back in the gym and work after 2 weeks. speedy recovery with your surgery.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just makes that first ride that much sweeter. Gotta take care of the knees. All joints for that matter. Don't rush it.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WOW,
I had to go see my surgeon today so he could remove the pain pump out of my

knee. He showed me the pics of my knee joint during the surgery.

I had 4 freakin tears on the cartilage. 1 of the tears was just over 2 inches in length.

Loratabs & Percocets RULE Pain ??? What Pain !!!! lol

No wonder it was hurting so much. Still dying to get back on my bike thou.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts