Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well title pretty much explains it. I have been trying to delay the surgery as long as I could. After my softball game last night I can't delay any longer. I play left field and our fences are about 325. A ball was hit deep in the corn and I dove and caught it and the runner was tagging on second. I got up and went to throw the ball into third and the ball went about 15 feet and I dropped to my knees cause it hurt so bad. When I threw it my collar bone cracked and shifted some and my arm started tingling. It fuggin hurt. I have a torn rotator cuff and a seperated collar bone thanks to my wreck last year. I have been dealing with it and talking to my doctor and he said we can either have the surgery or wait a few years. Well I opted to wait a year until I had some money saved up and better insurance. Well now i have the better insurance so i have to do it. So I go and schedule an appt. on Nov. 3rd to finalize the surgery date. Looks like to huntin season fer me this year and hopefully it will be fully healed by the time i go to texas to smoke the ninny :sad:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that BD or Hill said it takes about 8 weeks...thats about 7-1/2 weeks to long fer me, lol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
luckz88 said:
I think that BD or Hill said it takes about 8 weeks...thats about 7-1/2 weeks to long fer me, lol
...well it could always be worse. I helped my grandad during his recovery from knee replacement surgery. Be thankful for that 8 week recovery time, and DON'T RUSH IT. If you hurt yourself again during the recovery you'll only delay the healing, and/or may require another surgery to repair any new damages...

D

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
sorry to hear bro...

That stinks!

What you waitin till Nov 3rd for? :heyyou:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the soonest i can get in to schedule an appt

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
luckz88 said:
thats the soonest i can get in to schedule an appt
:headshake

no riding the mini fer you...:sad:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PFFTT...I will still be faster with one arm that you will be with two

·
Registered
530 Posts
That sucks.......I will bite my tongue and not say anything mean:badteeth:

Uhm, but you better get out there and find you a REAL girl to take care of you. You don't have much time........How much money you got? I'm sure you can find someone cheap.....:crackup:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
hotee said:
That sucks.......I will bite my tongue and not say anything mean:badteeth:

Uhm, but you better get out there and find you a REAL girl to take care of you. You don't have much time........How much money you got? I'm sure you can find someone cheap.....:crackup:
Hotee! :headshake

D

·
Registered
530 Posts
BigDally said:
Hotee! :headshake

D
OOPS it slipped right thru my fingers. So Chad ...now we are even..

Really though...good luck...I hope it all goes well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hotee is too expensive for me...I am thinking since hill is a nice guy he will ship HH up

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
luckz88 said:
i only speak from experience however each and every persons body & mind deal with trauma differently but suffice to say its not a wham bam surgery fixed me so i can go pretend i'm an animal now kinda deal cuz it ain't happenin :headshake

listen to your Ortho and PT (physical therapist) and be diligent and dedicated with your home program, meaning do as the PT perscribes and your recovery will be worth the pain & trauma you endured.

BD

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not sure how they are going to fix all that, but my shoulder surgery (AC Repair) was supposed to take 6 weeks to heal, then PT. When my surgeon got in there he said it looked like a grenade went off in the joint. Long story short, they reattached all the ligaments and pinned my collarbone to my scapula. I was in a sling for 9 weeks, sleeping in the recliner every night, and then PT for 6 or 8 weeks after pin removal. I wish you the best and BTW the rotater cuff exercises in PT suck. Get a loufa on a stick and some liquid soap so that you can actually reach everything in the shower.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts