Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any supplement suggestions other than protein and creatine. For my protein I take cytosport's muscle milk and for creatine i take universal's animal pump. Was curious about universal's animal m-stak. Wondering if anybody here has tried that?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Anybody got any supplement suggestions other than protein and creatine. For my protein I take cytosport's muscle milk and for creatine i take universal's animal pump. Was curious about universal's animal m-stak. Wondering if anybody here has tried that?
What are your goals. Plenty of supplements, just need to know what you want to accomplish. I think I've tried every supplement on the planet (sarcasm, but alot) and I have found that Budweiser was the best for developing a 6 pack, er um I mean keg.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking to pack on some muscle mass. My metabolism is extremely high so I feel like I'm always having to battle it right now by eating a lot, resting a lot and using the right supps. I have had some success in the past with the original animal stak (before the ban with andro). That packed on a good 15 lbs with two cycles. Side effects were mild aggresion. Last season I used Halo Mass and Animal Pump which was so so. Prob put on 5-6 lbs but I think it was mainly water weight so I would rate that one not too good. I react well to most supps just looking to see if anybody has anything they know works like the original animal stak did back before the ban. Theres a lot of products that seem to nothing more than sugar pills and I don't want to waste my $$$. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Have you ever go to a doctor to get your Thyroid check-up??Hyperthyroidism can be one of your problem...at first.. A good Bioactive protein with lot of carbs can be the answer. Amino acids, proteins and carbs.Raw fresh eggs mixed with you protein shake is a good weight gainer...just don't go crazy..cholesterol and really good for your health.. make sure they are fresh and good quality. Be constant.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ive used animal pak and liked the results, and you can discard certain pills if desired. i will be gettin more animal pak when i get back to the wieghts. will still need the core supplements like protien powder and creatine

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My guess is you're young, thus the high metabolism....you need lba's. TRUEPROTEIN.COM. LBA's are:

The LBAs are protein concentrates derived from hydrolyzed collagen, with some being combinations of collagen and another protein (eg,
casein). Eight of IAAs used in protein synthesis are present in collagen; however, the IAA levels are relatively low. Further, collagen is
naturally devoid of tryptophan, but adding tryptophan does little to add to the quality of LBAs..although some companies sometimes supplement
these products with tryptophan or other amino acids to improve the amino acid profile. When LBAs is combined with casein or other complete
proteins, the resulting combination provides somewhat greater amounts of the IAAs.

Stay away from the juice, use LBA's, protein, creatine, vitamins, etc. Trust me on the LBA's, easy muscle gain on them.

PS. IAA is indispensable amino acids

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
eat,eat,and eat some more. you should be getting the majority of your cal, pro,and carbs from your food. it takes like 2k plus calories to gain one pound. start writing everything you eat down and keep track of your daily intake. it takes about 3-4 weeks for your body to adjust to the higher food intake. you should be eating around 3-5k cal a day, depending on your bodyweight, and what you are trying to achieve.eventually you will be aware of what you need to gain and maintain. then you can adjust your diet to obtain a more desirable phisique, either leaner or more smooth. as far as protien intake you should be consuming 1.5-2 grams per lb to maintain then 2-2.5 to gain muscle mass.you probabaly need to start on a good weight gainer too. i like the cyto gainer(cytosport), i always drink one before bedtime. that way you will have something in your stomach while you are asleep. this is when your body repairs and grows. 8 hours is a long time to go without having any food in your body. try to eat 6-8 smaller meals throughout the day, this will allow your body to have a more consistant flow of nutrients. eat good carbs, pasta,rice,oatmeal and good meat protiens like chicken,fish,turkey and some red meat. also drink plenty of fluids, the more you drink the less your body will hold. this will help you to keep your retention down. i like to add some powdered glutamine, and bcaa's(branch chain amino acids) to my protien shakes. i do this twice a day, in my pre-workout shake, as well as my bedtime weight gainer shake. i too like the muscle milk protien, but be aware this is somewhat higher in fat than most other protiens. this is to be taken into consideration when you are planning your daily intake. the mm has a lot of aminos already in it , but you should be adding more glutamine also. as far as creatine, i always had good results from the eas phosphagen, its tried and true. ben getting results from it for years. however it delivers its creatine throuhg a sugar spike. your body will get used to this so you need to have another creatine delivery system to change things up with. i could not get my eas stuff last time i ordered so i tried some fusion force(bioquest), im on my second tub now, and have been really happy with the results. it is a pre-workout formula with some energy boosters too. it delivers the creatine through a niacin flush. you can actually feel it kicking in, and get a little red from the increase in oxygen and bloodflow. i think you will like it. i have been weight training/bodybuilding for around 13 years, i dont know everything but i am happy to share any knowledge i have gained. i hope this is not repeating too much info you already know. but maybe some of this will help. remember you are what you eat, get plenty of sleep, and make use of your training time:eek:ccasion1

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
YB legals got some great advice. I'll recommend BSN's NO-explode along with Hattori. Ive been training for about ten years total and I think thats the best product Ive used. Good luck, and be patient, Rome wasnt built in a day my friend. Eat massive clean protein, train hard, rest. Do this day in and day out and you WILL gain muscle.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips so far guys. I'm 24 so yeah metabolism is still in high gear. I'm really athletic though, I've wrestled my entire life and when I do work out hard in the gym I am able to gain I was just hoping to pick up some helpful tips from some of you guys without worrying about some product rep cuttin in with their paid .02.

·
Registered
32 Posts
supps info

like someone else posted make sure that you get your caloric intake up, and the suggestionof taken the shake before bed is good also, when your asleep your boddy turn catabolic so its basically eating you musle for energy even while you sleep...your goal is to stay anabolic at all times...just to throw a few supps out there..try something called torgue or hard they are i think made here in san antonio,tx so im not sure if they are nation wide or not..we have stores called "costplus down here that sell them exclusively and the developer lives here in sa,tx...i work at the only male strip club in san antonio and i've been a dancer and have been workin with dancers for the past 6 yrs....in recent months a few guys pulled these products to my attentio..one of our poer house house guys was 225 but felt like he hit a plateu...jumped on "torque" and has gained a noticable 20 lbs....the "hard" is a compund that islegal,but basically tuens into trenbelone and equipose once it hits your liver...its totally legal...it just conversts to these once its past through...the torque is a type of version of superdrol....like i said im not sure if these are available nation wide,but they are tru and proven by the guys that work for me.....if you want send me cash and ill send you which everr product...im not asking for any extra just price of product and shipping..reciepts will be in the package...just trying to help a fellow trainer and rider...the pic attached is me at 185..that was 4 yrs ago...yeah semi big yet ripped too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
oops i posted the wrong pic on last post..heres the real pic

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
torque by geared up nutrition?

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
try dpsnutrition.com they carry a lot of pro-hormone stuff. i had gotten some stuff from them years ago from gaspari nutrition that worked decent. but thanks to bush, its no longer legal. anyway check out thier site. i order all my supp from prosource.net but htey do not carry the pro hormone stuff like dps. i'm kinda skeptical of all the great claims these people(companies) make about these products. most are full of sh!t. watch that documentary "bigger,faster,stronger" good video. shows how easy it is to make up some bs supp and sell them. also talks about the belgium blue bull, which has a myostatin inhibiting gene that allows it to grow amazing amounts of muscle. no doping, just genetics. there is a product out now called "folstaxan" by celldyne technologies that is suppoesd to mimic this myostatin effect. i found it at prosource, you can read about it there. i think it still on backorder, but it looks to have some potential. i would call total bs except for the fact i watched that video and there was a dr on there talking about developing the same thing. worth looking at. bottom line, there is no magic way to gain. i dont cae what your taking. it still takes diet,nutrition, and training. and hopefully your genetics can take advantage of what you are trying to achieve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
not sure if it made by geared up...a friend said that theres a few products called torque...ill go to work tonight and find out who it is made by....

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
great post, YB.....I would realy on good old creatine mono....also try loading 10-15grams 30-45 minutes prior to workout....post workout should consist of a few carbs, sugar, protein and another 10-15 grams ceatine.....this is the way I do it and it work very well....you need the sugar to initiate an insulin spike....the insulin will cary the nutrients directly to the muscle, where you want them.....don't rely on Animal Pump for your creatine.....you need to intake between 30 and 45 grams a day.......and most of all.....EAT! you need to eat big to get big......post up your diet and that will give us a better idea of where your caloric intake is at.....I know people with fast metabolism that intake close to 8K cals a day.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts