Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried different supplements, proteins, splits, different lift routines and I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.... What supplements have worked, which were a waste, one muscle a week, twice a week, splits?? Currently I'm doing each muscle twice a week with lats/bi's, chest/tri's, legs/traps, abs every other day and cardio every other day... Looking to try a different pre workout supplement. I've tried jack3d and animal rage. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I do the each body part once per week thing and mix my workouts up high rep with low and heavy reps , have ya tried USP LABS Anabolic Pump ive used that with good results but ya gotta have the diet to match if ya dont ya butt does wee's

·
Registered
48 Posts
depends what u plan to get from your pre workouts..theirs some that are pure pump..while others are more of a stimulant, some are stimulant free.. for over all gains i think assault does the job..after that i think noxipro is a pretty good product overall too..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never tried that pump before but I'll look into it. I cut carbs out, 1g of protein per lb if body weight, just feeling fatigued in the middle of my workout... Any suggestions on a good pre workout supplement? Animal rage was decent...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends what u plan to get from your pre workouts..theirs some that are pure pump..while others are more of a stimulant, some are stimulant free.. for over all gains i think assault does the job..after that i think noxipro is a pretty good product overall too..
I would say since I'm on a cut right now I'm needing a stimulant to get me through the workout or cardio. I might hit that noxipro up

·
Registered
122 Posts
Forget about all that expensive preworkout shit. If you're feeling fatigued mid workout it's probably cause you've cut the carbs out. Good to shred belly fat and what not but not for building muscle. A good preworkout carb to eat is Watermelon. It has an amino acid called citrulline that will essentially act as an Nitrogen pump. I think grapes do too. If you're trying to get more ripped, then do higher reps with lower weights as well as cardio a couple times a week. If you're trying to bulk then cut the cardio for a while cause it burns muscle as well as fat and do lower reps (5-8) of heavier weight. Also regardless of your goals, mix it up often, change the exercises you do for the individual muscle groups, change the weight, reps etc so you don't hit a plateau. If you want specific advice though you gotta say what your ultimate goal is cause that really determines what the best route to go is.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I've never tried that pump before but I'll look into it. I cut carbs out, 1g of protein per lb if body weight, just feeling fatigued in the middle of my workout... Any suggestions on a good pre workout supplement? Animal rage was decent...
Xtend is great for an intra-workout supp to help push through the last part of your workout. It's loaded with amino acids and tastes like a liquid jolly rancher. Very good supp for anyone.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I've tried different supplements, proteins, splits, different lift routines and I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.... What supplements have worked, which were a waste, one muscle a week, twice a week, splits?? Currently I'm doing each muscle twice a week with lats/bi's, chest/tri's, legs/traps, abs every other day and cardio every other day... Looking to try a different pre workout supplement. I've tried jack3d and animal rage. Thanks for the info!
MUSCLE CONFUSION TIME!

Research German Volume Training. There are 2 different methods:

Method 1: 10 sets of 10 reps
Method 2: 10 sets to failure of 10+ reps

Excellent routine for gaining weight, strength, and shedding fat; all in one. Exercise 2 muscle groups per workout, but only do 2-3 exercises per muscle. If you're doing method 1, you should barely finish the last couple reps on your last couple sets. It burns, real good.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

I can't stress how well this works. Takes some discipline initially but after you're used to it, the results are amazing. I haven't worked out since last summer:(, but while I did I was lean and ripped after 6 months.

My energy levels were actually too high, it was like I was manic or something.

Tried all the stimulant supplements but think caffeine works just as well if you time it right and eat only a lite meal before you work out. Very lite.

Good luck, I'm just getting back into getting right again myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All supplements are just that , and help Very Minutely. Unless however ,your deficient.
I have done most everything through my Life , and my own conclusion was when I was 36 yrs old and hit personal bests ,Naturally supplmt-free .Just Food and Protein Drinks.
Carbs are necessary for energy . But I avoid them 3 hours prior to bed. Anything ingested upon going to bed, needs to digest very easily. Yogurt , Pure Protein Shake.
Fruit at bedtime to a very minimum. Cause its a carb.
Pasta and breads to a minimum period. BUT , I have found personally , Lasagna 2 1/2 hrs prior to a heavy workout (chest/tri's) = Awesome Pump !!!
Balance in all things right.?
Carbs equal my protein for Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner is 90% protein. I have ample energy throughout the Day. And Sleep good.
The stimulant... I'll admit I use muscle techs neuro core ,only since I turned 42.
If you need it ,gauge it so you don't lose Sleep. Cause Sleep is the other 33.3% of Workin Out .
I take Gold Standard's whey protein too, thats it. Don't spend $ on Supplements . That money is better spent on a meal that is tailored to the results of your hard work and discipline. Honestly , Creatine is the only supplement that has a proven result. Water retention.
I did twice a week workouts in my 20s and 30s. In my 40s , once a week. I guess this is where age starts to hit Ya.
Those ads for supplements , are Brainstormed and Think-Tanked to death, by very damn smart people who find an avenue in which to lure you to buy their EMPTY promise, so they can make a ridiculous paycheck. Take it from somebody that wasted several hundred a month on supplements ,following appropriate guidelines for improvements by different companies selling powdered nothing, many times over.

·
Registered
48 Posts
as a personal trainer, which really don't mean shit lol, but i do work out on a routine.. it is important to stress that pre workouts..and every other supplements are helpful and important but dont mean anything withoug good diet, which must be molded to your specific goal, and sleep.. anything you take your body can naturally get from food you consume...the problem comes in when are diet becomes deficient on what we need because the foods we eat these days do not provide us with the nutrients needed to grow. Your problem starts like this..you already missing out on nutrients because of the crappy foods we have these days..plus your cutting more food out to thin out..then your adding stress to your body so it demands more of what your body cant produce.. this is why adding suppliments help you out..for a while...but they wont supplement what should already be going on in order to grow..they are ment to compliment a strict diet and even more important a strict routine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds like your looking for max strength/high weight. Not sure how much you're into lifting, so I'll write this up like you're just starting. Sorry if it sounds like I'm dummying it down too much.

When I was lifting regularly, I ended up lifting with a meathead who gave me advice which helped a lot. Before I met him, I'd hit each body part 2x per week and never seemed to increase my max weights much. I was getting stronger but think I was burning my muscles out too much.

Anyway, after meeting him we ended up doing each body part once per week, 3-4 exercises per bodypart, ~5-6 sets per exercise...reps were all done pyramid style. I don't remember exactly, but it was something like Monday chest, tuesday back, wed legs, thurs shoulders/tris, fri bis, sat cardio, sun off. Key was hitting each body part very very hard each time. I was usually sore 2 days after workouts, and soreness lasted at least a day. For example, if I did it right I'd shower after a chest day and I had trouble getting the bar of soap onto my opposite chest and shoulder because I was so sore.

ie. chest workout would be
flat bench: warmup set to loosen up -> increase weight -> 1 set of 10ish -> increase weight -> 1 set of 8ish -> increase weight -> 1 set of 6ish -> increase weight -> maxout set of 3-4.

With each set, you should be heavily struggling or unable to complete the last rep. If you can do it without struggling heavily, increase weight for that set the next time. You are basically at muscle failure each rep, or close to it.

incline bench: same thing, pyramid up
decline bench: same thing, pyramid up
flys: same thing (but go lighter, this is more of a shaping, increase strength thing versus a maxout thing)

Only supplements I ever used were a great diet, whey protein shakes, and I tried creatine for a short while. Creatine worked very well, but I did not care for it since it was artificial so I stopped.

For reference, at the time I was thin (6', 180-185lbs) and had lots of trouble putting on weight. Before this program, my max bench was probably 190-200. After a summer or perhaps a bit longer on this program, my max bench was about 230 (calculated max, never went to the gym just to see what my actual max was). The meathead I worked out with maxed around 300, no supplements.

Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
ive used animal pump for a while several years ago, and i really like it. its comes as packets of pills and the stimulant pill can be easily tossed if your not wanting it that day.
i found that i had a good focus and performed well when taking this, i was also able to put on a few pounds and increase my reps and weights a little.

ive also tried musclepharm assault, an NO pre workout supp. i found it to be decent, didnt stay on it long enough cause it was interferring with my bedroom activities. so beware with the NO supps.
better gains are achieved when you have a workout partner to push you.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
I would say since I'm on a cut right now I'm needing a stimulant to get me through the workout or cardio. I might hit that noxipro up
Ephedra, cup of coffee, Kre-Alkalyn ( a non water retention creatine).
And if you want you can add a pre-work out pump but make sure it is %100 caffiene and stimulant free. Never mix regular pre-work out with nox with ephedra.

With this you can spend 2-3 hours a day and get super shredded everywhere.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
And if you want you can add a pre-work out pump but make sure it is %100 caffiene and stimulant free. Never mix regular pre-work out with nox with ephedra.

Kre-Alkalyn or creatine ethyl-ester for non-water retention. Creatine monohydrate is good for bulking, but once you come off that water weight tends to be shed real quick.

·
Registered
174 Posts

or just skip all that and get a jamocalategrande every day? :D

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts

Better yet, just get a Starbucks Venti Mocha Latte Non-Fat Milk Tripple Shot Espresso :idea:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Southpw 11, I've been in the game since middle school, now 30. I appreciate your info along with everyones info.... My max was 295 before a forearm injury and I'm 5' 7 @190. my duty is down starting as of a few days ago. I was going 2x a week but I'm gonna switch to 1 part a week and cardio everyday. I usually do 12 sets a part pyramid style as well. The only supplement I had been on was no. Just curious as to what multi vitamin everyone is on.... I appreciate the info everyone. Gonna try some carbs before my workout to fuel me through it and possibly that xtend.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts