Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what does everyone think of these tires? im planning to buy the sc3... i love the tread pattern... ow many miles do you guys get out of em?

*i think i may have out this in the wrong place* sorry

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
None on the street. Lucky to see maybe 1000 miles. That's a more track oriented tire. Get the Corsa III's if you want to stay Pirelli. Much better life span.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I love them when I am on the race track...They burn up very fast on the street

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yea the SC's are primarily a track tire so mileage suffers in general. The DC3's would be a good choice for street as mentioned.

BD

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Are you planning on taking them to the track...they are dot race tires ya know? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yea the SC's are primarily a track tire so mileage suffers in general. The DC3's would be a good choice for street as mentioned.

BD
:+2: on the voice.
Ya surely do not run these tires in the rain!!!!!!!!!
I have got 3 trackdays and about 400 street miles on a set. They are toast.
Superb traction tire though. On the street it is hard to get them up to a there operating temp. that is for sure. Ya, really got to keep that in mind when ya start to rail. On the track I do not use warmers. 2 laps and hold on, power to the ground, tires are warm!!! Trust the tires when there are warm.
I run SC2's

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
The DC3's would be a good choice for street as mentioned.

BD
i took BD's advice a couple weeks ago and slapped some DCIII's on. what a nite and day difference (from a bald stock front and a new shinko rear) these tires made. i haven't gone but maybe 200 miles so far (in a straight line:bs:) but they made it feel like a completely different bike. c'mon spring!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
SC3 might not be the best choice. That is the hardest compound. A majority of the track riders seem to use SC1 on the front and SC2's on the rear. Like others have said, they are not the best street only tire. I have gotten 2 track days and 1800 miles out of a set of SC2's on the rear. And I even rode them in the rain on the street. Not good but not terrible either. The Diablo's are a better street tire.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i took BD's advice a couple weeks ago and slapped some DCIII's on. what a nite and day difference (from a bald stock front and a new shinko rear) these tires made. i haven't gone but maybe 200 miles so far (in a straight line:bs:) but they made it feel like a completely different bike. c'mon spring!!:thumbsup:
I have to agree I just put SCIII's on and the bike handles and turns soooooooooo much better. I cant wait for a few 65+ degree days so I can really see what these bad boys are capable of!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I use them for the street..
best thing you can do is buy a couple of race take off sets, cheap and change them when needed.
They are fantastic for fast road riding.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you planning on taking them to the track...they are dot race tires ya know? :mrgreen:
i plan on it eventually... i just want a sticky tire... i push my limits everytime im on her... the qualifers are shitty...

·
Registered
78 Posts
did anyone try the diablo corsa III on the track ?I will do track days(beginner-intermediate group) this year and also lot of street.will dc3 be enough or should I buy a set of supercorsa dot tires+set street tires?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
did anyone try the diablo corsa III on the track ?I will do track days(beginner-intermediate group) this year and also lot of street.will dc3 be enough or should I buy a set of supercorsa dot tires+set street tires?
Based upon your info the DC3 will suffice until your pace improves and you settle in so yes use them and go with confidence.

BD

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
A good quality street tire like DC3 or Pilot Powers or Qualifiers will do yo just fine up to Advanced I have one friend that was running 4 seconds of the lap record at Talladega on regular Pilot Powers so the tire usually is not the limiting factor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
a bald front and a shinko rear!!! my god man! i can't be the only one cringing! (sorry,cant help it i'm smartass)just do what the other guys say-might also mention don't mismatch your tires, ever.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
a bald front and a shinko rear!!! my god man! i can't be the only one cringing! (sorry,cant help it i'm smartass)just do what the other guys say-might also mention don't mismatch your tires, ever.
hey penis!

i bought the bike that way! it was wrecked and i redid it. i only put about 200 miles on those shit tires. hence the reason for new dcIII's!!!!!! its ok to be a smartass but don't be a dumbass!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
what about Michelin Pilot Power for street?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts