Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am building another supercharger kit. If someone buys it first then great, but if not it's going on the 10R for next season.

this will be a complete kit, unlike the starter kit i sold a few seasons ago.

Rotrex c15-60/with inline cooler,filter and reservoir
1 liter or Rotrex fluid($100)
drive pulleys/with idler pulley
2 drive belts
mounting plate
ignition cover w/seal
intake plentum
Electric Bypass valve
air tubing plumbing
HP fuel bypass valve(crushed OEM 80 PSI)
CR10E plugs
Intake filter
Digital boost gauge

I'll post pictures as I build it, but if someone is truly interested then this build will speed up ALOT. I have 90% of the parts already, just need motovation and some dedicated spare time.

PM or inquire

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the sake of shipping and customs and all that garbage.....3500.00 shipped to anywhere in North America.

Considering the Rotrex is 2200.00 it's a fair deal...R&D and parts and peices.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
With a C15-60 you won't need an electric bypass valve.... just pulley it to max RPM and let it eat. :)

Why the two drive belts though? What's all that about? :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depending on driving styles and the actual duty of the bike, the bypass will give the bike options. For a multi purpose intended, for crusing, the charger doesn't have to be packing the airbox full....and off of a full throttle to zero it gives the air a place to go to keep pressure waves a place to go.....easier on the charger.

spare belt.......it's worth a million dollars if the original one fails... or damaged somehow.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Oh, you're just talking about a bypass for part throttle & anti-surge... not boost control. I can't fathom why you'd use an electric valve vs. the standard vacuum operated variety, though.

Spare belts are always a good idea. :) You using a synchronous belt drive?

PS: 3500 bucks would be an uber cheap kit..... eating a lot of man-hours to give it away for that.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
$3500 for a bolt on kit, sounds like a great deal, beats the hell out of any head/cam package power wise any day of the week.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, you're just talking about a bypass for part throttle & anti-surge... not boost control. I can't fathom why you'd use an electric valve vs. the standard vacuum operated variety, though.

Spare belts are always a good idea. :) You using a synchronous belt drive?

PS: 3500 bucks would be an uber cheap kit..... eating a lot of man-hours to give it away for that.
i do it for fun....have a template for the SC mounting bracket, so it's not so bad doing the second version...the intake plentum is prob the most labor involved.

oh yes, definately synchro belts :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
build is going on my zx6r...........so i have an intake plentum for a zx10 that needs a home now....will post pics ASAP

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the older style 2000ZX6R has tonnnesssss of room for plumbing and fitting things.....made for an easy and quick mockup and install.

Waiting on some various parts to finish the build.

The motor is an 05 ZX636, bored and stroked, with 11.5:1 comp.....should handle the boost quite nicely :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
if your interested in making one for a gen 2 zx10 im in. but id like it to fit with all plastics if possible.
Not gunna happen. You can get it close with the C15-60, but the lower pulley is going to hang out of the fairing a bit. The whole case set-up with the 2nd/3rd Gen is a much larger challenge when it comes to driving an outboard pulley. :(

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm prob so far away form you it isn't funny......4 hours north of Bangor Maine.

although there is a great deal on ebay for a C15-60, and I have an intake plentum for sale right cheap......the rest is rather easy to make considering the financial input.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Plenum, brackets,pulleys and belts.. I can source a blower and make all the piping.. U have all the R&D on the brackets and covers. I can finish it from there. Any way u can send me some pics of how u ran a blower on ur past bikes?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.kawispeed.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=859

this is the basics of the build.

the cogged pulley is the way to go.....A&A Performance can sell you some, but they will run $300.....i ended up going the ebay special and found endless cogged pulleys, then had a friend machine them to fit............i have a driven pulley,cogged, that works, but youd need to find the bottom matching drive pulley. this pulley is from Mountain Performance, they might tell you the pitch of the pulley at least, then you could go from there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts