Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell form my post title Im pretty excited. I just paid off my supercharger kit from a forum member "badassjake". He has been nothing but aces for the 3 months it took me to pay him off for the entire kit.
I first need to swap head gaskets to the Cometic 80 thou I purchased, degree the cams 110/110 (gen3 kit), and put on the supplied ARP head bolts and we then we are off to the tuner for a Woolich reflash .

The specs are the following :

Full carbon bodywork minus tank
BST rims W ceramic beaings
Gen4 throttle bodies
No flies
Velocity port job by Ace Performace
Custom valve springs
Ti retainers
"other tricks not disclosed to me by my builder - something about the exhaust side"
Gen3 kit intake
Gen1 stk exhaust
565cc injectors
msd 160lph pump
-6 fuel lines
aeromotive fpr
2005 generator
Full Arata
520 conversion (not sure on what gearing I will be running)
Racetech internals for forks
Ohlins Dampner
Samco hoses
Gilles rearsets
crg levers
etc...
If some can teach me how to upload pics I will share the supercharger install with everyone.

Once its complete I have a race with a guy with a flashed h2.....I have a feeling I'm going to hurt his ego a bit lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oops, just read that you can't upload pics - Just use Photobucket, or facebook, copy the image location and google how to post pics t forums using the IMG tag

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sooo not computer savey.
I don't have a Fb, not sure what photobucket is... ill be looking into it shortly so I can post pics:grin2:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Can't wait to see the numbers. What year is it? And anymore info on the gen 4 throttle bodies? Are they an upgrade or what

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2004 .. I love this thing. I have another bike that's just as awesome but dosent make my heartbeat as fast when I ride it. As far as the gen4 tbs , they are pretty much a direct bolt on granted you use the gen4 intake boots(think that's what they are ) and fab your air box to the new oval Tb holes. tbs are only 43mm which was somewhat sufficient for a bike that is intended to make power up to a certain rpm but when twisting it 14k the swap really shined.. I actually felt power pretty much everywhere. The gen4 are tbs 47mm by comparison btw. I'd recommend this swap no question about it. It will be an interesting ride no doubt about it. She will be up and running asap.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
im sooo not computer savey.
I don't have a Fb, not sure what photobucket is... ill be looking into it shortly so I can post pics:grin2:
You can PM me and I will give you my email address.....attach pictures(have to know how to do that at least :wink: ) then I will have the Site host them like anyone can do as an attachment.....it's the paper clip next to the smilie up top just click on it and browse to your pictures on your computer-upload quit the upload application-check preview in advance mode and you will see your uploaded pictures and your text you type before doing a post.....anyway if to much offer still stands PM and say hey bloo upload these pictures for me on my thread....I have no problem with that this time we love Go Fast Parts and Pictures. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've always wanted to see a supercharger build. Love the idea. Good luck lol as bloo said, It's fairly easy, us the paper clip icon meaning attachment.

:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@10r Heck ya bro I'd love the company lol swing on down, I'll be working on her this weekend.

The build is going to add no more than 10lb. which I assure you I wont feel with another 50+ horse on tap lol

·
Chairman of the Board
16,065 Posts
Glad to hear it man. Last time I saw you, you and the bike both were busted up. Good to see you back at it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@10r : yeah we were ! Good news is we are both healed up lol I'm dying to hit the track again but I need a new suit, gloves and helmet .... Had to pay off the blower first lol, but I'll be out soon.the Pani is in better shape than the last time you saw it beforeeee I was forced to the pavement by a chap on a r6..smh .

·
Registered
438 Posts
I love clean gen 1's. Hard to find nowadays. What kind of supercharger is it? I want a step-by-step how to so I can follow in your foot steps! lol jk

Reactions: MrMoto73

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree clean Gen1's are a bit of a rarity these days but I'm keeping this dying breed going strong lol.

If anybody knows a company who makes a carbon fiber front fairing please let me know, somebody trying to be nice by cleaning my garage knocked her over into the wall scratching up the fairings and windscreen. To my knowledge nobody makes carbon body work for Gen 1s anymore .If anybody knows anyone who can make my girl some carbon clothes pleaseeee let me know.

*orderd Magical racing carbon/Iridum windscreen, now the waiting game*

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Awesome! Subscribed!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts