Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Through the years I have struggled with a design that doesn't break the bank (cnc) yet be a smart design.
C30-94 rotrex charger

The crank drives the pulley through a coupler that allows crank movement and not be loaded by the steady bearing.
Lots of time and tinkering to end up here, now for the testing part of it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Really smart with the coupler like that. Did you just use a seal on the coupler shaft? Any pics of the pulley bearing? Hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bearing is trapped in the support plate, so the belt can go tight as needed without loading the crank, a very small oil seal was tricky to find, but lucky that woodcraft makes a flat style cover.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Skillz! Should be a riot!

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
515 Posts
Im jealous as fuck, how much that rotrex set you back, been looking at different options ever since my gen 1

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Much more power available with much easier packaging... and more advanced boost control available with the right ECU.... I have a couple build threads on this site about both. For an around town street bike the supercharger was/is a lot more fun, but i gravitated more towards LSR... and better packaging and peak power are the name of the game there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts