Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see last nights "Superbike" episode? Last week it was a Ducatti segment. Last night it was the R1's. Unbelievable stunts. The episode focused on Macoy Motorsports and there in Tennessee I guess. There's an 11 miles stretch of road with like a 131 turns. They close it off and let the superbikers go nuts. It's suppose to be a big attraction. Anyone been there?
Anyone have any parts on their "Tree of Shame?" The ZX10 episode will be coming up soon I hope. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Tuesday nights at 10:00 I think. Thank God for Tivo, I will be saving last nights.
 

·
Accountant in training.
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
I saw the last couple episodes. They weren't bad. From the sound of it, I am glad that I missed the first episode.

I still wish they would have kept Two Wheeled Tuesday.



Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
http://www.dealsgap.com/ here's where the place is. I have heard it's alot of fun. McCoy motorsports is mainly an R1 parts/service house and it looks like they know what they are doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
Maze beat me to it, but yeah it was Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) and it is 318 turns in 11 miles, supposed to be really crazy road
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
I watched it last night and that episode wasn't as bad as a few other earlier episodes they had on. They were riding deals gap in NC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Dishme said:
Anyone see last nights "Superbike" episode? Last week it was a Ducatti segment. Last night it was the R1's. Unbelievable stunts. The episode focused on Macoy Motorsports and there in Tennessee I guess. There's an 11 miles stretch of road with like a 131 turns. They close it off and let the superbikers go nuts. It's suppose to be a big attraction. Anyone been there?
Anyone have any parts on their "Tree of Shame?" The ZX10 episode will be coming up soon I hope. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Tuesday nights at 10:00 I think. Thank God for Tivo, I will be saving last nights.
it was a special on Deal Gap/The Dragon in NC/TN border. I dont think they close the road off...? McCoy owns R1/R6 Forum now I believe, hence all the yammies.

Im still not a fan of the hooligan stuff on public roads, but at least it was a halfway decent show last night... kids, dont go trying to ride like they do on Superbikes, stunts or kneedraggin, you'll hurt yourself. :badteeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Everytime, I start thinking maybe the show is not to bad, the host does an endo or wheelie for the camera, then I remember it is still portraying a bad image. I, too, miss TWT. Greg White, where you at man?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
05Ti10 said:
Everytime, I start thinking maybe the show is not to bad, the host does an endo or wheelie for the camera, then I remember it is still portraying a bad image. I, too, miss TWT. Greg White, where you at man?
:+1:
It's still gay. Like you said, it takes what could be a cool topic and focuses on guys doing wheelies or standing around looking at show bikes. :jerkit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
Sorry a lil :eek:t: but do they actually close the gap just to let bikes ride in it? Or was that just something they did for the show?
 

·
Still here
Joined
·
9,059 Posts
The Duke said:
Sorry a lil :eek:t: but do they actually close the gap just to let bikes ride in it? Or was that just something they did for the show?
It wasn't closed off, he was just riding like an ass on a 2 lane public highway.
Even the other road that was supposedly closed off, by the airport, they were watching for cars.

Show sucked, gave no taste of the actual Gap road. Kept showing straight portion (bridge) and a guy stunting- seen it.

Seen better videos of the road on the web. Hello- EDITING maybe??:sad:

And most of the R1's were dripping in chrome and pounds of paint.
Let's bring our extended, nitrous, hideous R1 to the gap and debut it- why?

They glanced by a guy with some actual performance mods and back to the bling and nitrous purge-ooohhh/ ahhhhhh.:angryfire
 

·
Still here
Joined
·
9,059 Posts
The Duke said:
:mrgreen: Thanks had been thinking about a Gaps trip but didnt see the show
One thing they did pretty well was show wheeler's bike repair/ shop in Robbinsville, he is a good guy. They spent a little too long on the tree of shame.

All of that can be found from the link someone else posted for the resort.

or http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

P.S.- You can right click and save that video from WOS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
What da hail is that big rig doing taking up both lanes in the above link? Is that kind of stuff normal there?
 

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
Joined
·
2,131 Posts
I would love to hit that Dragon's Tail but I'm in Cali. The show is a little better. I ratter see more road riding and knee draging shots. I hope they go behind the racing scenes (AMA , GP ) and all the good stuff.
 

·
Still here
Joined
·
9,059 Posts
Looks like speed is showing it again tonight at 8:30 EST if anyone missed it and wants to see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
GHOST RIDER said:
I would love to hit that Dragon's Tail but I'm in Cali. The show is a little better. I ratter see more road riding and knee draging shots. I hope they go behind the racing scenes (AMA , GP ) and all the good stuff.
Dood - you're in Clovis, the Gap has nothing to show you. Head on up to Shaver Lake, take Tollhouse Rd up to that 4 lane that goes up the mountain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
The Duke said:
What da hail is that big rig doing taking up both lanes in the above link? Is that kind of stuff normal there?
Yeah, that's one of the many unsafe things about the Gap. Truckers who don't know what the road is like will go through there and cause all kinds of trouble. With the road being so narrow and twisty, the tractor will be in the outside lane of the turn exit and the tail of the trailer will be in the outside lane of the entrance to the turn.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top