Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been around this forum for a while, and have enjoyed my zx10 most of the time (when i wasnt spending money/working on the front brakes) but im thinking of making the jump to motard. I just love the tight twisties, i dont like the high speed stuff all that much. i mean i like the power and the speed, but i think i would like riding through the tight stuff dirtbike-style better. what do you guys think, give me some feedback, especially those of you who have 'tard experience. Thanks

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Maybe as a second bike but for all the handling and wheelies it can do it seems like I'd still miss the power.

Have thought about it a lot but more towards the dual sport or adventure tourer side.

I guess if you do it go big with a ktm or one of those new husqvarnas.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My last bike was a Suzook DRZ-SM. It was the nuts on the backroads BUT, hit a straight and it was like it had it's nuts cut off. At 70, I thought my teeth would rattle out of my skull. As a primary bike, I wouldn't suggest it unless you did up an XR650 or something. All in all a fun bike and probably one of the best handling bikes I have owned.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my idea is a crf450/yz450f tard; very lightweight very powerful, tons of stuff out there in the aftermarket powerwise; would be a whole different ball game from a drz/sm; believe me i checked into one of those and i came across the word "gutless" wayyyyy too many times. Mind you im talking about a 50+ hp 200 lb machine, itd be no zx10 but it would be one scary fast "dirtbike" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Pressley10r said:
well my idea is a crf450/yz450f tard; very lightweight very powerful, tons of stuff out there in the aftermarket powerwise; would be a whole different ball game from a drz/sm; believe me i checked into one of those and i came across the word "gutless" wayyyyy too many times. Mind you im talking about a 50+ hp 200 lb machine, itd be no zx10 but it would be one scary fast "dirtbike" :thumbsup:
Agreed on the crf/yz being in a whole different league. No matter WHAT sm you choose though, you will be shifting the crap out of it (which might be ok with you). They aren't very long winded, but that is alright if you see nothing but backroads. They are also priceless to school squids with on the backroads.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
not as a main bike... the "leader" of our ridin group has a new zook motard and an 04 1krr... and he rides the SHIT outta tha tard, doin circle wheelies and he wheelies the shyt outta it all the way to the top speed... haha i think it tops at 85 - 90.... you can get a pretty damn good deal on them too

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
McHaggis said:
Agreed on the crf/yz being in a whole different league. No matter WHAT sm you choose though, you will be shifting the crap out of it (which might be ok with you). They aren't very long winded, but that is alright if you see nothing but backroads. They are also priceless to school squids with on the backroads.
Good luck to you.
good stuff, thanks for sharing, :dontknow: what im gonna do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts