Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have goodridge SS Lines, Brembo MC and ZX14 Calipers.

my brakes are awesome, but i always loved the look and wondered if the sbk lines really were better..

how much better are they? are they worth the swap over other SS lines? will i win something?

help me out here..
________
Depakote Class Action Lawsuit

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
IF you buy them, buy them for the looks, they perform identical.
I have them on both bikes, and while they look trick, I and others have had thier issues with them.

Both sets of mine, when I installed them the initial time, I torqued the lines at the caliper to the recomended torque (can't remember but it is small) and both leaked like a sieve, so i had to progresively tightend them, until finaly I got both sets to seal, this may not sound like a problem, but it is, a couple of other owners, experienced the same issue, and lets just say ,the fittings at the end of the lines are made of a softer alloy and if you gorilla up on them, they will break, not good. So if you get them, I suggest starting with recomended torque, who knows you may get luck and then delicatly tighten them progresively till you get them to seal correct.

I honestly think it is something with the fitting that requires a seating in if you will, cause I have removed them and reinstalled them and they have never leaked again, but I went to right about what I remember them tightening up at.

If you do break one, Galfer most likely will not cover it under warranty, because you went over the recomened torque, so I would say buyer beware. I would suggest some of the new GP style lines that are out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Galfer SBK lines require the tq to be checked before every ride. That is straight from Galfer themselves. They perform just as well as SS lines like 9R to 10R stated. The only difference I noticed is there is less lever play with the SBK lines as opposed to the normal SS lines that is due to the smaller ID of the line on the SBK line.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
i have goodridge SS Lines, Brembo MC and ZX14 Calipers.

my brakes are awesome, but i always loved the look and wondered if the sbk lines really were better..

how much better are they? are they worth the swap over other SS lines? will i win something?

help me out here..
i have the goodridge sbk lines, they look just like stainless lines... and my brakes are awesome too but there is also nothing oem about my front brake setup. if your brakes are awesome, just leave em, unless your want to change for aesthetic reasons. im assuming your wanting the galfer lines.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
i have galfer stainless f/r and I'm in love with them. I never checked the torque after every ride like what was said earlier, but that must just be the sbk lines...?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks a lot to all, i think i wont change, i would be doing it just for the look, because my brake lever couldnt be anymore stiffer.. i will spend it on another mod.. ;)
________
VAPIR OXYGEN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts