Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the Super bike brake lines on my 2008 ZX10 from "Superbike Supply" <---great service by the way....All I can say about these lines are WOW!! I have put steel lines on ever bike I have ever owned and could never tell that big a difference but these are NUTS!! Don't know if it's just the lines or the lines in conjunction with the already great 08 brakes but it's a HUGE HUGE difference!! scary stopping power!!!!!! Highly recommend this upgrade!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's probably the great lines in conjunction with the '08 brakes. I heard they made the brakes much better on the '08 ZX10R. I have Galfer Superbike lines on my '06 ZX6R and they don't feel much better than regular SS lines I've used in the past...I get more feeling from using different pad compounds. Now the brakes on my 1098, that's a different story...don't see how you could use any more stopping power as the front locks up quite easily with two fingers.

BTW: Brad & Mary are great folks, Superbike Supply is Top Notch :+1:

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's probably the great lines in conjunction with the '08 brakes. I heard they made the brakes much better on the '08 ZX10R. I have Galfer Superbike lines on my '06 ZX6R and they don't feel much better than regular SS lines I've used in the past...I get more feeling from using different pad compounds. Now the brakes on my 1098, that's a different story...don't see how you could use any more stopping power as the front locks up quite easily with two fingers.

BTW: Brad & Mary are great folks, Superbike Supply is Top Notch :+1:
Yeah you don't want to grab these things to hard!!! I have the Brembo on my 04 race bike, and the 08 stock with these lines are way better!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
new Calipers for 08....I don't doubt they have better stopping power and with new lines even better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
hmm wonder if the 08's brake set up will fit on the 05 's

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Got my Goodridge lines from Mary also, great lines and even better service! The Targa fender elim came with the wrong signals and they made it right and sent me the proper set.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
does that mean i am going to have to be the ginnie pig?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I am sure they will mount up to the 04-07 forks, they are still 108mm bolt spacing, although the new bike uses larger rotors, so you may have to fit some zx14 or some 08 rotors, but they may have adjusted the posts on the forks to adjust for the bigger rotors as well.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sounds scary =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts