Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not new to the forums but I've never saw it done on the 04/05...pretty simple direct bolt on Suzuki GSX-R calipers 2004-05 works perfect!Try it!!One finger braking..cheaper than the ZX-14 and the CBR.I hope this helps someone looking for more stopping power!:thumbsup: oops sorry for the huge pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
hmmm...

i have both these. I did notice the mc on the gsxr is the same as the 07 zx6

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03/04 or the 05/06? Cause they were 2 different models.

Also, how much difference has it made?
04-05 calipers from the GSX-R ....night and day differences,one finger action.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I did notice the GSX-R gold color was lighter than the ZX10...but the stopping power was outmatch no contest at all

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
04-05 calipers from the GSX-R ....night and day differences,one finger action.
I know what you're saying bud, but those are 2 different models. The 03/04's are alike and the 05/06 are alike. Unless you mean that bother generation GSXR has the same braking system?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I posted in the other thread I tried some '03/'04 gixxer callipers off a mates K3 before I went the cbr route. The gixxer ones had real good stopping power, but a little more lever pressure than the cbr ones, and they do bolt right on without spacers. You couldn't go wrong with either...they were both light years ahead of the stock ten one's

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know what you're saying bud, but those are 2 different models. The 03/04's are alike and the 05/06 are alike. Unless you mean that bother generation GSXR has the same braking system?
he may be talking abt a gixxer 600 or 750 :dontknow:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Besides the obvious question of which GSXR you're talking about I'm also interested in what pads you used. I see you kept the stock brake lines, what about the master cylinder?

And what makes these so much better than stock?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04-05 600-750 gsxr calipers sorry for the confusion.still stock master cylinder,Galfer lines,stock bolts,the gold ones from Galfer did not feel right when installing..Stock Gixxer pads..better feel than the stock ZX10..way more braking power, one finger action,or two

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice..

I just picked up a low miles set off ebay for $40 and and spent another $150 on Galfer SS lines, 4 EBC HH GSXR pads, and some Belray DOT 5 brake fluid. Very affordable setup and still keeps the gold calipers which I like. Will report back...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Anyone know if these will fit the 06/07 10?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nice..

I just picked up a low miles set off ebay for $40 and and spent another $150 on Galfer SS lines, 4 EBC HH GSXR pads, and some Belray DOT 5 brake fluid. Very affordable setup and still keeps the gold calipers which I like. Will report back...
I've always thought the gold kind of dated the 1g 10r. Im not a huge fan of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've always thought the gold kind of dated the 1g 10r. Im not a huge fan of it.
really?? i have an 05 ti and i really like the gold look- that's mainly why i'm interested- to keep the stock look. But at the same time to each his own; i guess it just comes down to personal preference

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone know if these will fit the 06/07 10?
Hey to honest i don't know if it will fit the 06/07 zx10 ...but buddy has a 07 and will ask him if I can toy with his calipers this weekend..I will let you know by Sunday...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice..

Dude you're going to love it!! :thumbsup:When I first got my 10 I was impress with bike as a whole...but there is always room for improvement..after reading most of the thread on brakes,I wanted better stopping power without breaking the bank...One rainy afternoon, I switch my brakes from my GSXR to my 10 and the rest is history!! I just wanted to shared this with the rest of my ZX10 Brothers...and besides,there's no way I'm going to pay 150.00-175.00 for a set of calipers that does the exact same thing...WHY???:crackup::headshake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts