Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you "considering" a switch to HID's...and for those of you who have NOT considered it...DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!!

Check it out, so I odered the DDM kit with 50 Watt Balasts and the 6000K HID bulbs...I have 6000K in my car and I like the look and the brightness...but holy shit! With the 50 Watt Balasts...it is soo bright you cannot look directly at the lights! The balasts even came with a warning label like the one's that come with anything that has a laser. "DO NOT LOOK AT THE LIGHT DIRECTLY - SEVERE EYE DAMAGE MAY OCCUR"

Check out the pic:

I changed out the running lights to LEDs as well...it looks SO MUCH BETTER!

Dude, if you don't have these...they are a must.

Install - clean install - took a couple of hours and about three tallboys!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Looks good, I was thinking about changing out my running lights also. The running lights you have in there are the UV or white ones right?

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I used the same running lights that I use in my car...4-diode LEDs # 194 I think.

But they are white (clear) not the hyper blue colored ones.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How much are they?
Here is a copy of my invoice: for the '09 ZX-10R

BIKESINGLEHPH9-6000K DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System
Options: Wattage : 55W (+$7.50) Bulb Type : H9 Bulb Color : 6000K $50.00
Tax Amount : California Tax (8.75%) 1 $50.00

BIKESINGLEHPH11-6000K DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System
Options: Wattage : 55W (+$7.50) Bulb Type : H11 Bulb Color : 6000K $50.00

Subtotal Amount : $100.00
Discount : $0.00
Shipping (Ground Service) : $9.60
Tax Amount : $8.75
Total Amount : $118.35

Got mine from DDM Tunning

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Here is a copy of my invoice: for the '09 ZX-10R

BIKESINGLEHPH9-6000K DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System
Options: Wattage : 55W (+$7.50) Bulb Type : H9 Bulb Color : 6000K $50.00

BIKESINGLEHPH11-6000K DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System
Options: Wattage : 55W (+$7.50) Bulb Type : H11 Bulb Color : 6000K $50.00

Subtotal Amount : $100.00
Discount : $0.00
Shipping (Ground Service) : $9.60
Tax Amount : $8.75
Total Amount : $118.35

Got mine from DDM Tunning
ouch. if you go to http://www.wholesalehid.com/

You can get a set with slim ballast for 75 dollars.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Looks good, I bought the StarRotors HID kit a but had issues with wrong parts and a non working kit so I sent it back for a refund then got their Star Lights HID 6000K Bulbs and they are awesome. I get the clear blue colored light without all the hassles of the wiring and mounting ballasts! i also installed their Super Bright White LED running bulbs to finish off the front end.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
looks cool, how much better is the light at night as far as distance?

·
Registered
477 Posts
lots of you are getting these hid kits,but how good are they at night!!!if they are as good as standard lights then ok,if they are better than standard lights(AT NIGHT)bonus..because at some POINT we are all going to have to ride are bikes at night!

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine is MUCH MUCh better at night...it looks like those big stadium lights! I would guess I can see 2-3 times better at night.

I did the high and low beams both HID.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i have hid low beam and it is much better at night. much much better at night.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello guys,
I think I need to replace the bulbs, and was looking at HIDs bulbs at ebay. How do they work?
If I just want to get bulbs, which bulbs are best (better than stock)
Also, dont we have HIDs in 2006 and up years? They look like HIDs though.
Thanks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hello guys,
I think I need to replace the bulbs, and was looking at HIDs bulbs at ebay. How do they work?
If I just want to get bulbs, which bulbs are best (better than stock)
Also, dont we have HIDs in 2006 and up years? They look like HIDs though.
Thanks.
nope no hid stock, just standard bulbs. I can't recommend on replacement bulbs for the current set up. For the price of hid kits these days, its hard to justify not doing a swap.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had HIDs on my CBR1100XX for a while, I always had trouble getting them to light, especially when cold. I had them rigged on a switch....they would kindof spark, and then go out. Flip the switch again, spark, flicker flicker flicker, go out. One last time and they would usually light and stay lit.

have you had any trouble with yours yet?

I've had some of the higher end silverstar headlights (conventional) that seems to do almost as good as my HIDs anyways, so I kindof stopped considering HIDs

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
conventional are NO MATCH for HIDs... look at my first picture and you can see the difference...do you want piss colored headlights or headlights that really catch the attention of cagers!?

When I am out riding with my wife, I usually tag along behind her...and up ahead I always see cagers about to pull out in front of her...until I shift over and they see my headlights and stop in their tracks...! and she rides with the high beams on...doesn't compare...I will be ordering her's soon!

As far as problems...none. This kit works great! The lights light right up as soon as the bike is turned on! No flickering, no sparking...just eye crippling light!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you order a set, how you get by having one bulb H9 and the other H11?
The sockets are very similar. I just modified one of the stock harnesses with a dremel tool and ordered a H11 kit. Now I can use either a H9 or H11 bulb on one side. Take a look at the connectors, it's easy to see what needs modified.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts