Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup. Riding a track only 14' zx6r. I have a ninja 300 but my wife is telling me to get a 1k. :notworthy:. Might as well continue with Kawasaki. I'll be looking around for advice.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hi, your wife is telling you too buy another bike ........ I wish I had one like her.
Buying a bike is about time and budget, so how much time do you want to or can spend servicing and repairing & how much money you want to spend, the later the Generation bike the better and more refined it will be.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking of buying new and throwing some track plastics and slicks. Just a bike that's good to go!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lol. Did you ditch the zx6r? What get zx10 you riding?
Hell no, never. I got a 2012 10r a couple years ago. Still have my 2005 track roach too. Haven't had a desire to hassle the street track lately. Too much money and time. Motocross track shredding is closer and cheaper.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what's the best option for GP shift on these beasts?

Was hoping for an easy OEM swap but it seems like going aftermarket is the only for the conversion. :(

·
Registered
501 Posts
So what's the best option for GP shift on these beasts?

Was hoping for an easy OEM swap but it seems like going aftermarket is the only for the conversion. :(
Vortex rear sets or any other bell crank unit. But yeah aftermarket rear sets is it

·
Registered
18 zx10r
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up getting Gilles factor x rearsets.

Peg position

GP shift

·
Registered
501 Posts
Those look nice and light, are they well built? Sturdy? I am hard on my bike and although I was really looking at lighttech I am a big guy at 6'2" and needed to make myself a lil extra room while keeping ground clearance the same. Plus my weight so yeah that's why I went vortex. Still I dig the set you got...what they run you if you don't mind me asking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts