Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Arai

Votes: 62 76.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you choose and why? I am looking to buy a nice helmet and those are the two I've settled on. I will eventually end up with both, but I can only afford one for now. Also, I wear Large in Scorpion helmets, what size would I wear in each of the new brands?

·
Registered
540 Posts
same size would do... Have you looked at the icon helmets? I have a black rubbatone one with the dark smoke shield and that thing is bad ass! Not only is it comfortable but it has good air flow, quiet and gets a shitload of compliments.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Neither. But try Shark. I find that they fit similar to Arai, cost way less, and the visor removal/installation system is better by far.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never been a fan of Icon helmet's fit, and have only liked a few of their styles... nothing recent they have come out with though.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Suomy did a decent job of copying the Arai but Arai is still the best you can get. My only complaint with Arai is that most of the newer paint schemes don't do much for me. But I'll put up with that for the fit and quality that only Arai has.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Yeah, Suomy has some styles I really like. The Arai I want has actually been discontinued but can still be found.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Suomy, I could get better deals on them. Bostrom Tattoo for me.
Have the same helmet here. I love it and get lots of compliments on it. I had an ebay coupon and ended up paying 260 shipped for mine. Smoking deal!!

i also have an agv stealth. Both helmets are large, and I swim in the agv. The large suomy is a much tighter large.

·
Registered
871 Posts
ive never owned an arai helmet but i love my suomy gambler its super light and fits great and the paint scheme and designs are really nice

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
+1 Suomy

+1 Shark

·
Registered
609 Posts
Neither. But try Shark. I find that they fit similar to Arai, cost way less, and the visor removal/installation system is better by far.
:+1:

I just got a new rsr2, best helmet I've ever had.

Plus, you don't want a snell helmet.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I have an Arai RX-7 Corsair Jolly Roger model. Absolutely love that helmet. Superlight weight, very comfortable. Only complaint I have is changing out the shield - its a bit difficult even though I have it down to a science now.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have an Arai RX-7 Corsair Jolly Roger model. Absolutely love that helmet. Superlight weight, very comfortable. Only complaint I have is changing out the shield - its a bit difficult even though I have it down to a science now.
I agree, that is a bad ass helmet....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts